Eco-friendly lamps made of dried pumpkins

Passed the bright autumn festival, but Halloween is the time when the ball is ruled by the pumpkin! Than this time will surprise us this very useful vegetable (according to other versions of berry or fruit)? Perhaps the question should be put differently: are these stunningly beautiful lamps made from pumpkins? How it all began, says Polish designer Przemek krawczynski – the face of its own brand "Calabarte".

"I started to make these lamps in 2009, and just stumbled upon a pumpkin patch, and it hit me. As soon as I finished my first lamp (which still adorns my room), I realized that I wanted to continue and soon this activity became a passion of my entire life.

I am self taught. First I went to the Builder and for several years worked in an architectural office. But in 2010 I threw it all and has devoted all his time to the things that I really like.

When I see how much interest people show in my work and how much they appreciate what I do, I feel a great satisfaction. It motivates me to continue to make "pumpkin lights".

For creating lighting fixtures of the pumpkin requires patience and precision at all stages — from concept and initial sketches to work vegetable.

First, it must be carefully eviscerated and dried in a special way so that the shell is almost stiff. The drying process may take 2-3 weeks, after which the received frame should be processed so that it gets eaten by insects. And then begins a magical transformation of a pumpkin into a Firefly.

The designer does not skimp on the carved ornaments and rhinestones, giving the eco-lamps exotic look: this pumpkin is not a shed fit to decorate, and luxury apartments!

"I'm looking for inspiration and harmony in everything that surrounds me: the idea can suddenly fall on my head at any moment. And yet I have to admit that fractals inspire me the most," says the talented pole.

It is necessary to light these autumn fruits with halogen bulbs, as the walls and ceiling of the room covered with amazing patterns: intricate play of light and shade and fiery hues of pumpkins fill the atmosphere of subtle magic...

"The structure of the dried gourd is entirely different than the structure of the standard tree," says krawczynski. "She is more homogeneous and does not contain annual rings, fibres or knots. The outer dark layer of the pumpkin is tougher than deeper light layers. Why the pumpkin is a kind of phenomenon in nature: it is raw material, which provides great opportunities for treatment.

Before, I was making a lamp from two local varieties of pumpkin, but after a trip to Senegal, where I discovered African species, I use to work.

For me, the quality and perfection of the finished lamp, personal fulfillment and satisfaction from their work remain crucial factors — they are more important than the number of lamps, which in principle can be created in a certain period of time. Creative freedom and lack of production "rush" is very important to me. Thus on a lamp takes from 1.5 to 2 months.

My main goal is "to give light" to those people who appreciate original, exceptional things, highest quality, precision and attention to detail."

Today, this marvelous "torch" will cost the eco-friendly connoisseur of luxury about 2600 USD.

Source: /users/104

Tags

See also

New and interesting