Farmbox Direct offers the easiest way to produce organic products.

The company Farmbox Direct is a hybrid of a CSA and Fresh Direct, which offers a super-comfortable weekly delivery of organic produce without the seasonal commitment. The service delivers once a week a beautiful box filled with fresh, organic produce directly to your home doorstep. All products are organic and USDA-certified. Unlike CSA, there is no annual subscription, so people need to get supplies when they are out of town during the week or month. Anyone eating a box online, which arrives at the end of the week.

There are a number of options for purchase, including can you buy just fruit or just vegetables. You can view what is happening in each box and configure up to five substitutions, so it is possible that the client will come with those products, which do not want. Customers also have the option of adding other food items in their delivery, such as organic eggs, bread and milk.

Founder Ashley Turner said that its target customers are busy families who want to eat healthy, but don't want to spend time shopping or looking for organic. Before starting Farmbox, Turner worked in the fashion industry in new York city. When she became a mother, it made her realize the need for such a service.

"My focus with Farmbox Direct is primarily aimed at the average family and working professional who will be able to have in your home organic foods and other items that they need for a week," said Turner.

Turner in the farm there is also a "know-how", as she spent her childhood working on the family farm in the Midwest. In preparation for the beginning of her business, she spent a year studying the economy. "I keep a finger on the pulse, she said. "I meet with the farmers that I work with, ask them the relevant questions they are interested in certification".

Boxes are Packed with a biodegradable liner and reusable chilled packages. Freshbox sometimes even uses the remains of packaging from other companies that would otherwise be thrown away (you can see above, has the Cheesecake Factory logo). Small foods like cherries and grapes may come in plastic bags which are also made of biodegradable materials. This is a much better option than-recyclable packaging, but these materials must be processed in a commercial composting facility.

All products are organic Farmbox Direct, and Turner also trying to choose local sources. "I want to have as much local," said Turner. "But sometimes we need in the dead of winter avocados and bananas, and they would never grow here."

The service currently works only in areas of the East coast, but Turner plans to expand Farmbox Direct in the Midwest and the West coast, she stands from local suppliers priority. "Farmbox would be different in different areas, because I don't want to put someone in Kansas cherries from new Jersey".

Turner said she also plans to expand the line for Farmbox Direct from rice to cleaning supplies. "My clients say they want to have an organic household," she says. "I definitely Farmbox direct in the key to become a one-stop shop".

Source: eco-portal.kz

Tags

See also

New and interesting