5 rules that will help you to reduce energy costs

photo: www.dailymail.co.uk Sometimes to spend less, we just need to podkorrektirovatj our household habits. Here are a few simple and practical tips on how you can save on electricity from ecoactivists Irina Mikityuk. RULE # 1 "the Fridge no TV, nothing to watch". Refrigerator — the first in the list of appliances the amount of electricity consumption. On its mode of operation is influenced by many external and internal factors. So, to put the refrigerator away from the stove. Preferably in the coldest corner of the kitchen, or apartment. If this is not done, then it will consume more energy to cool down. Also it should be regularly defrosted. Irina admits, had not used to it. Now, however, ensures that the inside was not ice.
"If there is a strong buildup of ice on the walls, the refrigerator also needs more energy to maintain temperature. And my husband and my children used to love to open the fridge and examine what's out there. I explained to them: the refrigerator — not on the TV, there is nothing to watch. Came, took necessary and left."
You also need to ensure that the gasket of the refrigerator doors (rubber on the inner side of the door) intact. If it is damaged, is lost temperature. The refrigerator will need to lower it, expending more energy.

RULE # 2: wash only with a full load Washing machine — fridge after the second household appliance that consumes large amounts of electricity.
"Before I could start the car every time it was something dirty, — says Irina. Now do this twice a week and fully load the drum. Also, wash at a low temperature regime that uses less energy."

RULE # 3: "From the network, turned off EVERYTHING THAT is NOT NECESSARY" appliances in offline mode consume up to 13% of electricity, so they need to be unplugged completely.
"We used to have was like this: TV works, the computer plays the music and we do something else. Now I'm learning: enabled without the need for devices money. Included should be only what you use at the moment ".

RULE # 4: "turn off the light, wherever WE have" do Not leave the light in the room if you shut it down. It is also money wasted.
"Turn on the lights only where necessary, — tells Irina. — Don't leave it in the room if you are sitting at this time in the kitchen. If I cook, then turn on the lights just above the tiles. If you sit down to eat include a large light on the ceiling."

RULE # 5: "as long as possible to use natural lighting"

To lighten a room, Irina's family has completely demolished the wall between the bathroom and balcony. Instead, put the Windows from ceiling to floor.
"Before this room was quite dark, — says Irina. — Balcony ate almost all the light and electricity had to turn on even during the day. Now we don't have to do until nightfall — the room is seen. In order not to block the light, we withdrew from the window curtains. Instead, they hung shutters, which drop only at night. And Windows of the balcony — only tulle ".

Tags

See also

New and interesting