About how difficult it is to forgive

This story took place in the hospice where I worked. The old man brought us to the end of the day. From the anamnesis failed to establish that he lives alone, treatment is not received or received for a long time. Descended, with the smell of the established fume, indifferent to the environment. Raising card in the archive, I learned that he is sick nearly five years, had surgery in the hospital appeared since the operation. No longer was surveyed, was not observed, did not come to calls from the registry didn't answer.

The next morning hospice came, the man asked, did to us patient N. Sister sent it to me in the staffroom.

— Yesterday brought N. What room is he in?

— In the sixth. And You a relative?

The man sighed, and looked at the floor, replied:

The son.

You back to him?

— No. Tell him he needs to bring?

— Maybe food, something that he loves. — What does he like?

I do not know. I thought You'd say.

— He lived with us. Thirty years ago, the mother divorced.

— I can walk in the house with You.

— No. Can't.

Why?

— I hate it. I mother came. She asked.

And did he hurt you?

I don't remember. Drank. I remember how mother cried.

He came every day, like clockwork, from five to seven and sat in the lobby of the hospice, hands clasped and staring. Sometimes, tired of sitting, and approached the window and would stare into the street.

Ask about the state N., brought fruit and diapers and went to return the next day and do the same. It lasted almost a month. Day-to-day. From five to seven.

When N. died, we called for the specified phone. It was three in the afternoon. Half an hour later he was in hospice. Asked what to do and where to go to bury. We prepared the necessary paperwork, I was asked to wait a little while to be prepared a medical report.

He walked over to the closed door of the chamber where he lay, N., he looked at me questioningly and when I nodded, stood for a while and still went in there.

Author: Elizabeth Glinka

published

Source: foma.ru/elizaveta-glinka-doktor-liza-syin.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting