If your motto is "no new friends", it's time to challenge yourself and get out of the comfort zone. It's worth it. We all somehow seek the comfort zone, and one of the easiest ways to stay in it is to spend time with people who are similar to ourselves. These people agree with us, think like us, their perspective on problems similar to ours.
At first it may seem that all this makes our lives easier, but there is also the reverse side of the coin. Spending time only with people like us, we don't grow, and though we may be less comfortable with people who are different from us, with them we are developing.
The following five aspects, is presented to your attention will enable you to understand the benefits of communicating with people who are different from you:
1. Your consciousness will expand and you will be able to accept other people Being surrounded by those who do not think like us, we begin to understand ourselves better. We better realize the reason why we chose to be who we are, and to think as we think. We gradually understand that the views of different people on the same things may not be the same. We start to avoid patterns of thinking in which "we" are opposed to "them", "right" – "wrong". (Recommend you to read useful article on how to develop "dynamic thinking".)
2. Your thinking will become more critical People who are different from us, thus challenge our way of thinking, our feelings and what we consider normal. We may be mistaken and see things from a limited point of view. Communication with other people who see the world differently will help us to realize that there are a lot of completely different perspectives that all have their own reasons to think so, and not otherwise. This awareness will help us easily modify their own ideas about what is happening, if we discover that someone else's point of view more understood than our own.
3. You will be able to enjoy the talents of others we all Have strengths and weaknesses. Someone can see the situation as a whole, but it is bad to focus in detail because of lack of patience, or simply interest. This man will considerably succeed, if in his or her immediate environment will be someone who is well versed in the details. Such a person will help to first learn how to think about the consequences of their actions, while those who are accustomed to consider the situation fully, will help the second is not to get bogged down in the details.
4. You will make better decisions If you are in the surroundings there are people who are able to look at situations from different points of view, this will help you get a better and clear idea about what is happening. Based on this, you will be able to make a more informed decision. Abraham Lincoln was well known for having recruited in the government people who were thinking quite like himself. While many would see this as a threat, Lincoln understood that some areas of knowledge were not familiar to him, and he needed people who would be strong in these areas. He formed a strong, diverse team that rarely was caught off-guard, because everyone is doing their job and not sprayed.
5. Your life will become more interesting and rich Being surrounded by those with whom we are comfortable, we can become dull, listless, to lose creativity. Only difficulties support us vitality and a desire to act, opening up a whole new and exciting world in which we have the ability to think and to enjoy life. published
Translation Of Vyacheslav Davidenko
P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©