Sam Walton. What to do in difficult times?

Sam Walton took a chance, after the army opened a store. He has a goal in 5 years to make it the best in the state. And immediately decided that even if you do not reach your goal — you will get experience and fun from attempts to achieve it. But he made up! After 5 years it Ben Franklin Department store has become the best on the net! He learned to trade, as it was a franchise and he got all necessary knowledge of the conduct of such business. The store raised its revenue over 5 years by 4 times! Everything was perfect! And that in five years, ended the lease on the premises.

The owner of the building who was jealous of the success of Sam Walton said that would not extend the lease. Premises for a store in a small town was no more... Sam Walton, who did not foresee the consequences of his success, was out of town.

It was a very difficult period in my business life. I was absolutely crushed and couldn't believe that it could happen to me.

What made Sam Walton?This conclusion was made then the owner of the largest chain stores in the world. Here is what he said:

It is not necessary to dwell on failures. Any disadvantages can turn into advantages. It's a challenge that will force me to act more actively. In the future I will carefully read the lease agreement. I'll be careful and suspicious. Because the world can be very hard. And now I have to get up and start again. Only this time, much better!

They, along with wife Helen and 4 children began to look for a new place to live and work. They became Bentonville. Sam bought a new shop. Since his mistake the first time was the conclusion of a lease for 5 years, then the second time he had entered into a lease agreement for 99 years. From the experience with the first shop he learned not only to care with the rent.

Several successful strategies have helped him to start profitable trade in the new place. Its main strategy he described as follows:

We have innovated, experimented and expanded.

When he opened the first Walmart brand (a chain of stores, which earned him billions of dollars) — he was already 44 years old.

Put high goals, gain experience, act to achieve them and in 20 years you will have the best strategy which will help you to achieve "instant success".published

Author Isaac Pintosevich

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook and Vkontakte, and we're Classmates

Source: 5sfer.com/2775-sem-uolton-kak-postupat-v-trudnye-vremena.html#main

Tags

See also

New and interesting