Vegan pizza on chickpea dough

I haven’t eaten pizza in a long time, and there are many reasons. The main ingredient is cheese, which I don’t eat because of my veganism. About 2 years ago, I gave up fish and dairy products (meat by that time I had not eaten for a long time), as I wrote in my history of veganism. Second, pizza doesn’t just contain cheese, but molten cheese, which I think is particularly harmful because it releases carcinogenic substances at high temperatures. Third, the pizza test contains yeast that causes fermentation in the stomach and is not a healthy product. And finally, the quality of the ingredients of a purchased pizza is always questionable, unless the chef is your best friend.

But that doesn’t mean the pizza disappeared from my desk. I am now making pizzas at home that I have no doubt about. And today I want to share with you a simple recipe for homemade vegan pizza on chickpea dough! This is a great alternative to traditional pizza, which will not have a negative impact on the figure and health. It is also perfect not only for adults but also for children!

For the test, we'll need:

• Chicken flour is 1 cup.
  • Water - 3/4 cup
  • The “right” salt is 1 tsp. I use pink Himalayan. PP
  • Herbs (optional) - 1-2 tbsp. I use Provencal herbs.

For filling:

• "Proper" tomato paste (composed of tomatoes, water and spices) - 3 tbsp. l.
  • Tomatoes - 1 large or 2-3 small
  • Olives are a handful. I have Kalamata.
  • Bulgarian pepper - 1/3 pcs.
  • Fresh greens (to your taste) are a bundle. I have salad leaves, basil, cilantro, dill, green onions.

The list of ingredients for filling is very conditional, since the variations are limited only by your imagination and taste preferences. For example, you can add tofu cheese and mushrooms. Or avocado and zucchini. Or eggplant... Whatever your heart desires!

So let's start cooking. . .

1. Mix dry ingredients for the test: chickpea flour, salt, herbs. By the way, I'm pre-good at mortar. This is so that they can more fully reveal their aroma.

2. We add water to the dry ingredients and mix the dough with a spoon. It is similar to that of the stainless and stainless.

3. The resulting dough is left to "rest" for 20-30 minutes, and then laid out on paper for baking in the form of a circle:

4. We bake in the oven heated to 180-200 degrees until ready (about 20 minutes).

Notice! Alternatively, you can prepare pizza dough in a frying pan with non-stick coating without adding oil.

5. Take the finished browned dough out of the oven. Lubricate it with tomato sauce.

Notice! Tomato sauce can be made by yourself. To do this, you need to peel the tomatoes from the skin, grind in a blender (or cut finely) and stew in a sotein (pan) on a slow heat until thickening (40 minutes). Then add garlic (fresh or dried), salt, herbs and any spices.

6. Then we move on to laying the filling - the creative component of the recipe. I put salad leaves on top of the tomato paste. And on them are tomatoes cut in thin circles. From above, a little salted with pink Himalayan salt. Then she threw finely chopped olives, after removing the seeds from them (quality, real olives are always sold with a bone!). And in the end, generously sprinkled with fresh greenery!

As a result, I got this beautiful pizza: fresh, juicy, healthy and very tasty!

I prefer to eat pizza in the form, as I say, “semi-raw-eating”. That is, I leave the filling fresh and do not heat the pizza with filling in the oven. But if you wish, you can put a pizza with filling in the oven and warm up for 5-10 minutes.

In this case, I will have two comments. The first is to sprinkle pizza with greens after the oven, before serving on the table. Second, do not lubricate pizza with vegetable oil before the oven. The fact is that any oil, even unrefined, emits carcinogens when heated and turns into trans fats (in fact, poisons). This is dedicated to a separate article on the benefits and harms of fats and oils. Take care of your health, do not load your food with unnecessary harmful ingredients!

That's all for today. Enjoy the benefits of plant-based food! published

Author: Alena Bolotova

P.S. And remember, just by changing our consumption, we change the world together! © Join us on Facebook , VKontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: vegetarian.ru/authors/post/veganskaya-pitstsa-na-nutovom-teste

Tags

See also

New and interesting