Fish snacks native to China: what do we actually eat?!
The well-known group products: snacks.
I personally in the course of their activities with this product did not work. But through contacts on some plants, I had the opportunity to get information about raw materials and production technology, which I will share with you.
And Yes, of course, all this is made in China.
Most of all I am personally in this whole business amused the range. Especially when bundles with vague content writing "tuna" or "salmon". Being somewhat familiar with the percentage yield of the product after shrinkage and shrinkage, as well as with the price of tuna (very expensive and high-quality fish), I suspected a hoax and certainly not a mistake.
Of course, no tuna there is no trace. What is sold as "tuna" is crushed bloviating - cheap fish of the cod family (not to be confused with the expensive high-quality cod). And this is just one way of cheating customers.
So, what do we actually eat?..
1. Tuna on the skin.In fact — crushed smoked and salty (or just salty) strips of bloviating.
Seventy three million seven hundred thirty two thousand five hundred thirteen
Sometimes fillet of bloviating sold in its original form:
Thirty million three hundred fifty three thousand eight hundred eleven
2. Salted-dried (salty-smoked) strips of tuna (tuna meat). In fact — the product is made of surimi - chopped and painted by special technology of meat white fish. A few years ago for the manufacture of surimi massively used Pollack, it is now used side — most cheap white fish. As of surimi produced plenty of other "simulations" of seafood (in particular — crab sticks, which gave rise to the famous saying "in the manufacture of these fake crab, no crab was hurt").
Thirty nine million one hundred fifty nine thousand one hundred fifty seven
3. Salted and dried strips of salmon.In fact — similar to tuna: the product is surimi.
Fifty million eight hundred sixty six thousand three hundred seven
4. Salted-dried (salty-smoked) chopped squid. Here the situation is better: at least it's really a squid. Truth is not the squid you buy in the stores and cook at home and its cheaper brother: the giant squid Dosidicus gigas with an absolutely disgusting meat, which is almost impossible to cook at home.
Thirty six million three hundred ninety four thousand three hundred thirty six
In recent years, fillet giant squid sell smoked in supermarkets, and it looks like this:
Twenty six million five hundred sixty nine thousand six hundred forty three
As for me — rare stuff, but cheap and therefore bought.
Salted-dried (salty-smoked) wing squid is a cheaper version of the same stuff. I don't know why the wing of squid carcasses are cheaper, therefore I say it is.
Twelve million three hundred eighty thousand two hundred twenty three
5. Salted and dried fish-needle. Actually — Tylosurus acus melanotus, which is really a fish that can call it.
Seventy five million seven hundred forty thousand six hundred eighty eight
In General, the form looks like this:
Fifty two million eight hundred forty six thousand two hundred sixty
6. Salty dried yellowtail. In fact, apparently YELLOW STRIPE TREVALLY.
Thirty three million twenty six thousand one hundred seventy seven
Similar fish Pompano - import frozen for further processing in our country. We have the stores it is sold either under the original name "Pompano" or under the fraudulent "vomer".
Sixty seven million five hundred fifty six thousand five hundred seventy five
The real women "lobes" and looks like this:
Twenty one million seven hundred eighty nine thousand three hundred twenty nine
We have smoked. It tastes like shitty mackerel.
At my request, the plant engineer told me the production of the most massively exported to Russia and Ukraine product: shredded salt-dried squid. It looks like this:
1. Receving raw materials / delivery of raw materials to the plant.
2.Cleaning and trimming squids / cleaning (washing) and cutting off unnecessary parts of the carcass of the squid.
3.Squids, fillets themselves in boiling water / cooking squid fillet in boiling water.
4.Seasoning with the ingredients / additive in water of ingredients (salt, sugar, D-Sorbitol, Monosodium glutamate).