Self-contained mini-house in the mountains of the legendary snowboarder Mike Basic

Legendary snowboarder, part-time, photographer Mike basic moved from a huge mansion of 400 m2 in a personally constructed in the mountains of Autonomous miniature house on solar energy.

After "retirement" the athlete has sold the big house and bought more than 40 acres of land in the mountains of California. Five years it took Mike to design and build a room of about 23 m2.

Construction material steel wood and stones, which is a professional snowboarder found on their own land. Water enters the dwelling from two mountain streams, the heat provides a real wood fire, and the necessary electricity generating solar panels.

The house has no toilet (but on the street there is an outdoor "rustic" version) and the soul, however, there is a hot tub with a fireplace downstairs that heats it to approximately 105 degrees. There is also a hidden grill built into a stone pillar.

But the greatest luxury of the athlete's own single chair lift (escalator for skiers).

Shirt basic like to live in the wilderness. "The inability to connect to the benefits of civilization taught me to live simply, says mountain "hermit". — I get up and go to bed with the sun, this greatly reduces my energy consumption."

The house of the athlete resembles a work of art — a large number of crystals embedded in the walls and table, complex work of metal adorn the doors.

The miniature house is designed so that all proportions correspond to the Golden sectionand the birthday of the master of the sun rays fall directly in the center of a large room.

Every inch of space is used with advantage. Through huge glass doors that face South, you can literally jump to the slope on a snowboard.

published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: ecotechnica.com.ua/arkhitektura/739-izvestnyj-snoubordist-otkazalsya-ot-roskoshnogo-osobnyaka-i-postroil-sebe-ekodomik-v-gorakh.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting