With your child something is wrong if...

I once came across a sign for mom, where was listed, at what age should to do and not to do with the baby. For so many months, handle pull, smile, sit, walk, talk, understand. There were a lot of points. And it was broken for ages. Like so-and-so to so-and-so months, the child must acquire this and at the end of each section the list: if the later this month he has not, then this is a serious reason to bother, and certainly with your child something.

I was horrified to read this list, and remembered her child: he in all the groups, about 4 years, doing a bunch of points from the series "something". Ie if I had this list then, I would be very worried. But he grew up, lived, functioned, evolved. He was regularly examined by doctors and he went into the garden and in the nursery. And when we someone asked if all is well, all say that is normal. Well, Yes, some begin to talk early, some start early to do something. But it's all right, will, come. And really that was it.

Then came the fashion for hyperactive children. As someone who is naughty a lot, and can not concentrate on serious difficult job a little longer, soon put this terrible diagnosis, and offered to feed the baby with Ritalin.

About our also said this, which made me very violent protest: then I have read in different places that Ritalin is a very unsafe remedy, and give it only for very good reasons. And to me, my son seemed to just "live boy". Well, climbs every day to the tree, and then falls with it. Well, there's some feeling that the power has nowhere to go, but it's good? Finally came to the psychologist at the hospital, special, child, who said that everything is fine: just need sugar to feed as little as possible, to give as much as possible things like in-line skates, skateboard and other things, and a little longer on the street to drive with these things every day. And three of the sport to record. And everything will be fine. Well, like five times on some classes for half an hour, which allegedly develop concentration. I thought they were really easy and simple but unexpected way helped a lot. However, it may be they helped, but still the rollers, hockey and skateboard.

And actually, you know — I remember how my childhood. All my previous friends, who later became successful creative people, businessmen and managers of large projects, in my childhood I meet almost all the criteria for this diagnosis of "hyperactive". That would be all of them then Ritalin "calm down" in time — who would anyone now?

Well, he grew up a normal smart guy. Programmer, sports, adequate. Well, stubborn as a mother, and a little bit maniac (also like mom), but it seems within a managed.

I found the other day another such list, this time describing the characteristics of serious mental disorders in children from 4 years. Again glad. Here it is and my baby, and I'm a hopeless cases! Half the list comes to us! And sometimes we had completely opposite traits, but in the list are those and others.

For example, when I had some Legos, I played with him for 10 minutes, and then came to the conclusion that I want a new toy very much, but to play it the way I want, I need to buy another 15 buckets of her own. If it was something cheap, for what 15 buckets to buy was not so bad, buy more. And I constructed from the received something the size of a room — i.e. 3 to 4 meters to the ceiling — then calmed down. But just peacefully build a house on the table I thought it was uninteresting. David received the same LEGO, opened the user manual (unthinkable for me to act, and he did it from a very early age), chose one model from the really, really, until the last of the dots were collected as there told, and put on the shelf. And that's all. This toy forever had run its course, to disassemble and again to play it was unthinkable. Why? They did what had to do with it? All.

And toys to smooth the series we have built both. All of the items at right angles to each other were stacked. And small same letters whole sheets (one hundred pieces) filled. And all sorts of "unhealthy" subjects interested.

I remember David years 7-8 wrote a script or story while illustrating it very such conventional images. But to understand what is happening. And there was very grim. Someone out there someone was killed, his body lay outside the door, in the doorway was visible. Then killed him somewhere to hide, then there was some kind of revenge story. I looked at it calmly — I was sure that he saw some film and it inspired him to such a work. I too have had a childhood history of his own composition — not better. I even (for some reason) proud mom showed. Mom shuddered, but honestly praised for the creative impulse.

In General, I've been thinking — I wonder where it ends with "the individuality of the child with a subtle soul," and begins "diagnosis"? May be for someone, something terrible savagery, and it seems that the child is abnormal, if it does something. And others will shrug their shoulders: "Well, he's small" and it really is after some time passes? I and my son, someone a hypochondriac for the first 10 years of life would have given a hundred reasons to throw us in the loony bin, or put on some rather strong meds.

Also interesting: I made a terrible mistake, telling daughter to be an overachiever

Attention! This toy can make the baby sick!

As these lists are read, so scary. And kind of grew normal. Sometimes it was like everyone — but you never know what something stands out from the crowd. And who these lists is that people themselves and their children a psychiatric diagnosis was made independently? It's as useful as a diagnosis pics.published

Author: Yana Frank

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: miumau.livejournal.com/2191678.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting