As the choice of words alters our consciousness

How we speak has a powerful impact on our lives. However, only few of us pay sufficient attention to choice of words. Studies have shown that the use of negative words like "no" can change favorable the production of hormones and neurotransmitters, in favor of those that violate the key structures that regulate our memory, feelings and emotions.

The change of speech by selecting a different set of words, changing the way in which we speak to ourselves and others that can affect our optimism and enhance other people desire to hear what we say.

Below are a few tips on how to make your speech work for you.

"Spoken words create the house in which we live" — Hafiz

©Adam Martinakis

The most powerful word in our vocabulary... "MORE"

We often use negative statements such as, "I don't know how to speak French" "I don't know how to get rid of excess weight". But adding in every such statement the little word "even" completely changes the modality of the utterance.

Instead of a message that we can't do something, we declare that we seek to do this. Our brain recognizes the subtle difference between a hopeless statement, and the statement which suggests that in the future it will happen. Every time you start something new, it must be remembered that this is a small handy word making claims stronger and more promising. For example, "I still don't know anything about the economy", or "I haven't ran a marathon".

Exile from his life of the word "TENSE"

The word "intense" and its synonyms have become fashionable buzzwords. We strive to be strained like this proves that we are doing important things, not just consumed my life. Tension implies that we are working hard to complete all that needs to be done.

You can replace such words in similar, but not involving excessive force, such as "productivity" or "fullness." This simple switch gives us the power to get the results that we can control without the perceived exertion. The elimination of haste and mental slowing, in fact, make us more efficient when performing multiple tasks simultaneously. We do not need tense days – we need productive days.

No more "SHOULD"

This word does not imply positive action. It creates an external explanation of the actions that we want to do. If we intend to act on the basis of personal power, the motivation for this must come from within. It is advisable to replace the word "should" with words like "intends", "going" or "can". Thus, the stronger we emphasize our aspirations.

For example, instead of saying that we need to learn something, it is better to say that we are going to study it. Careful consideration of the source of the call to action is a good workout. To give us the idea that we should do something our peers, parents, culture or religion. If it "needs" is not what we really want, whether you need it to do?

The rejection of "I'll TRY"

The word "try" implies that we're probably not going to do it, or do not strive to achieve this success. You must remove the word "try" from your vocabulary. This will give a more positive and stronger attitude. If we are going to do something, we have to do it. If we are not going to do something, then you need to admit it. So we adjust its internal state and begin to understand more clearly what we want to do in life.

©Adam Martinakis

The transition to positive (or refusal negative statements)

Directing myself to what we want, we need to use a more convincing manner of speech, than that which removes us from the objective. Instead of saying, "I need to stop Dating losers", you should use a phrase like "I'll date people who make me the best feelings." Instead of the phrase "Stop fighting with brother", "I would like to hear how you communicate kindly with each other".

6 the unfortunate consequences of high intelligence

Superficially all is well: 5 symptoms of a slow-moving crisis

It is not only important what is said, it is important and how it's pronounced

There have been many studies on how posture and body language affect our ability to be successfully heard. Below are some simple tips on how to speak:

1. During the conversation, you need to look your partner in the eye.

2. Shoulders should be retracted.

3. The hands placed on the hips or along the sides.

4. Feet slightly apart.

5. While the seat arms and legs should not be crossed.

6. The voice needs to be loud enough, but not too much.

Taking a little time to change how we speak, we can improve communication at home, at work and in their personal relationships. To change your mind, you need to change your choice of words.published

Author: Andrew Lozhnikov

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: newgoal.ru/kak-vybor-slov-izmenyaet-nashe-soznanie/

Tags

See also

New and interesting