How to get out of the impasse: 16 words to eliminate internal stupor

Have you ever had something that result you want to achieve, motivates you, all the steps are laid out, but something inside stops you from action — and it is unclear what? For example, there is a clear plan how to earn money, have the power, and the money is really needed, but you just can't bring myself to start...

Or something you were fascinated with and then suddenly began to oppress. For example, great seller suddenly stopped loving sale, inspired teachers began to annoy the conduct of the lessons, and the good student — study...

If you want to know why this is happening, and most importantly, what to do with it, then this article is for you.

My personal experience

I grew up in a poor family in the province, and has gone through many life crises, including bankruptcy, health problems, moving to study in another country without the grant, with two hundred euros in my pocket, and a complete change of activity:)

I know that the ability to pay for the help of a coach (or therapist) is not all and not always, and I want to share with you my favorite "magic wand" that I use in situations of stupor and self-sabotage, or when you cease to understand itself.

And it's not just personal experience. A technique that I want to offer you, I have been actively researched for over two and a half years, involving over two hundred participants. So for the quality of the answer.

Why are we suddenly fall into a stupor

Often the reason is hidden associations, and inner emotional charge.

My spontaneous, which began as an experiment, and inner game study has led to the introduction of modern neurobiology and cognitive linguistics.

That's what they say about the structure of our thinking:

Our brain is designed so that when you want something to remember, that encodes a set of visual images, information from the sense organs and the associated with all these emotions and sensations in the body — that is what is already in our long term memory. All these "pieces of memory" is also, in turn, encoded in a similar set, causing the activation of one of the memories activates the whole chain. Work of associations and chains of associations.

Add to this the knowledge that it is best we remember that painted emotionally. Positive colour or negative — for the brain not so important, the main thing is the presence of the emotion itself. This mechanism developed by evolution over millions of years: if something scares or pleases — so it is important and necessary to respond, and on neutral, you can not worry and not to waste resources.

To identify the causes of internal stupor and be able to overcome it on their own, I propose to identify the underlying Association to the desired concept or situation and see what emotions they themselves are.

Exercise "16 associations" helps to do this quickly, gently and slyly. Because our brain loves to build up psychological defenses to protect us from really nasty and painful for the psyche of things. This exercise is based on the method of free Association Jung, and complemented me those chips and keys that I found during my research.

What results to wait?

In a narrow sense, this exercise is aimed at finding deep Association to any one important to you the word, concept, or image. If you take more widely (I love to do so) is a way to rewrite the "mental code" to reprogram your own thinking.

Using "16 associations":

· build a map of their associative relationships

· catch of the destructive associations, like computer viruses

· to see the root of the problem

· strengthen awareness

· get insight

You will need a sheet of paper, a pen and about half an hour of free time in silence.

Sheet position horizontally to the left and put a column of numbers from 1 to 16 — it will help you stay focused and avoid confusion when performing exercises.

The first stage

Create a query. To do this, describe the word or phrase the problem or issue that you care about and which will improve the quality of your life in the near future. Formulate it in one word or a short phrase. For example, you can't get behind the writing of the diploma — then take the word "diploma". Your current job is beginning to cause a negative — take the word "work."

To make the result deeper and straighten your back, take a couple of deep breaths and turn the attention inward in the lower abdomen. Believe me, it works.

The first question for smokotina: I care about the most?

Write at the top of the page the word that you describe your problem/task.

The second stage

Inhale-exhale and look at the written word. Think about this concept — how that is relevant to you personally, and as an abstract concept. Now write down the 16 associations to this word, which come to you in the head. Let yourself go, write down all the words. Don't throw the word even if it seems unsuitable to you — once it came to your mind, then it is your Association.

The third stage

Now match the words in pairs, as pictured: first with second, third with fourth and so on.

Now the real work begins. In it two rules and the first is honesty. The more honest, the more sincere you're with yourself, the more powerful the effect will be the result.

The second rule — words must not be repeated. If a word will occur in the course of exercise two or more times, record it separately at the bottom of the page. Then I'll tell you what to do with it.

When words are combined, get to work with each couple separately, without reference to the main word (the one that indicates your request).

For each pair of words, find a common Association – a word that combines the two for you personally. Remember about internal honesty? Look for the common Association, which will be exactly your. Listen to yourself and to your body. The word is found you respond? That's exactly what it is or can be formulated more precisely?

Use nouns, verbs and adverbs.

How to help yourself if a unifying Association is not

Visualize — imagine each word of the pair in the image, mentally step back and look at them from the side. What they have in common? Maybe they are (or are not) a part of something bigger? Maybe each of these images there is a common piece of a common part? What is the way? How to call it in one word?

Listen to the sensations in the body — straighten your back, relax your shoulders, bring the attention in the lower abdomen and legs. If you do not visualize it is possible to look for a unifying Association through the senses: feel, what sensations in the body causes the first word of the pair? And now — what do you feel is the second word? What is common between these sensations? What they are associated? Describe it in one word.

Check for honesty

When combining the Association pairs of words were found, listen to yourself and to your feelings in the body: this is the word? Or is more exact — just for you?

The fourth stage

You get eight words. Combine them again the brackets in pairs and repeat the same as in the third stage. Remember that words should not be repeated (if the word appears — write it down and look for another Association). Looking for just your words.

When you get four words, repeat the same. Pay attention to the feeling in the body and emotions. Fix them as an observer, and continue.

Now combine these two words into one.

This last word is your deep Association.

In all the photos is my real request. I gave my personal example.

Some time ago I caught myself on the fact that coming to me on e-mail newsletter with announcements about interesting workshops and webinars began to depress me. And yet I could not bring myself to call the University to learn more about new programs...

I made your favorite "16 associations" and received the Association of deep depression!

Oops, what an unexpected result! Yes, it makes sense — studies began to cause me depression. This is exactly what I felt.

OK, and what to do about it?

Let's see.

How to work with the results:

First and foremostis to separate "flies" and "burgers". Remember that all these words — just Association. Depression really has nothing to do with school.

The secondis to look at the final word and ask yourself the question: I feel comfortable with such a deep Association or not? If my study is associated with depression, how it affects me and my actions?

The final word can be positive — and then it can become a resource: the Association and the manner in which gives you the strength and desire to act.

Looking at the results of the exercise, you may become aware that affects your perception and subconscious attitude to the situation. This alone usually gives a transformative effect.

Third — to determine the negative and positive associations in each column.

Let me remind you, five of them, the last one word. What means each column?

• The first (16 words) — stereotypes and beliefs formed in the process of education or the influence of surroundings and environment.
  • The second (8 words) is the mental level: subconscious thoughts.
  • The third (4 words) — the level of emotions. Pay special attention to the emotional coloring of each of these four words.
  • The fourth level (2) and the final word is what I call a "triangle solution".
  • The final word the underlying Association, and a few words from which it came, can be strategies to deal with the query or key issues that need to be addressed, or to carry information about the choices that need to be done.

See which column has more negative associations? What caused them? Where do the negative associations?

Where more positive? Both of these positive associations can help you resolve your request? Yes, already went coaching questions.

Fourth — rewrite "destructive code"

The more new associations we attach to the word, meaning a request, the more changes which this word Association chain. The brighter will be positive images, the more agreeable they will be to us (including body — tingling, tingling, feeling of freedom in the shoulders, etc.), the stronger the effect of "overwrite".

You can just povydergivat negative words and replace them with positive.

The effect will be stronger if we can find it on our map "turning point" (the first negative words in a horizontal chain), replace them with positive and bring a new unifying Association until replaced final words.

Even more powerful the effect will be if before to look for a new unifying Association, you will be included in resource state (e.g. through meditation). I like this method, and in the case of "studies" I enjoyed that. "Recharge" myself with meditation, I found a new unifying Association instead of a negative one, and brought again the entire chain from her final words. And the next day were happy to participate in the webinar.

Fifth, look at your positive attributes and ask yourself, do they limit you? What I mean: for example you worked with "money" and got in the final word "achievement" and a feeling that Yes, getting money for you is recognition of achievements and accomplishments — generate revenue... But how else can you get the money? Are you missing cash gifts, finds, wins, and other ways? For example, in his master class, I asked the participants to write themselves a written authorization for permission to receive income in many different ways, and before that we were creative with the phrasing on the topic of how these different ways can be. This method helps to expand consciousness and to remove the frame.

Sixth— lock positive associations. For example, using a bright collage or drawing. By the way, creating a collage on the topic found a positive Association is guaranteed to give you insight on the subject of your request.

Go for it!

Tip: save the written sheet, put a date on it, and then do "16 associations" again with the same kind of request in three months — so you can keep track of what has changed.

And what if during exercises a word appearing twice or more often?

For example, you worked with the word "money", and you repeated the word "power".

My experience and my research show that when a word is repeated, which means that it has launched a chain of associations influence the perception of the main word (of the query). In the example shown, the internal perception of power affects the attitude to money.

Do the exercise again, but with this (repeated) word in the query and view the results.

And finally:

Modern scientists say that, remembering the event, we activate the same neurons that are involved in its memorization. The more often something remember — the stronger the neural connections (and associated circuit). It follows that, by changing one of the chain links, we change the whole chain. And when we do it consciously, we literally reprogram our own thinking and train your brain!

All the participants of my research that began independently and regularly use technology "16 associations", noted a substantial improvement in each of the study areas. And when I asked my clients on coaching "What exercise or technique gave you the first powerful impetus in moving forward?" — they are all called "16 associations."

Also interesting:

Clinical psychologist: what happens to us with age

Carefully, psychologist!

Of course, to perform this technique along with coach more effectively — not least because he will be an independent eye to notice your reactions and paying attention to them, to ask useful questions and help log-in resource state to "overwrite".

But, as I said in the beginning of the article, not everyone has the opportunity to go to coach. That is why I share here with you my beloved "shestnadcati" — in the ordinary somatokine (when we ask the questions themselves) it is difficult to bypass the internal psychological protection. And with "16 associations" is to make a soft and eco-friendly for the psyche, even if the topic is painful. In addition, they are asked to focus on particular request, a particular topic.

For me personally, "16 associations" have become a reliable tool of self-development and self-study.

Change your thinking, gain insight and act! published

Author: Olga Gubanova

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: interesno.co/myself/cad775ed69c7

Tags

See also

New and interesting