Land with difficult terrain, many owners consider as punishment. But any fault can be easily turned into advantage. This does not need to call a grader for leveling. Wisely played up the height difference will show the whole beauty of the unusual landscape. Of course, the construction raised on the site, as well as its arrangement, is fraught with difficulties. But the end result will give satisfaction the done work and will be the envy of the neighbors. In the article we will focus on the proper arrangement of the plot with a slope.
There are 2 ways to anchor the structure to the area under the gradient and change the existing landscape. The model project is being developed on the assumption that construction will be carried out on flat ground.
House under construction on terrain with natural conditions, requires the processing of underground and ground parts. Thus, housing will have its own characteristics, to match phase.
The slope areas are divided as follows:
- on the plains, where the slope is up to 3%;
- with a small slope (8%);
- with an average gradient of (20%);
- steep (over 20%).
On the slopes not only hampered construction of buildings, but also a device of access roads. Retaining walls, embankments and other reinforcing structures set in the slopes with a height difference of 1:2.
The project area with a slope
Vertical planning of the plot with a slope
Work on landscaping with the complex "nature" includes:
- the maximum possible leveling of terrain, by removing the soil in one place and feeding in another;
- the organization of the stormwater runoff, which can be both hidden and open;
- the optimal location for the main house, gazebo, summer shower, garden, garden trees;
- correction of minor irregularities, using the method of terracing, in steep changes in the arrangement of retaining walls.
The drainage system on a site with a slope
- This approach will help not only to correctly divide the area into functional zones, but also gives you the opportunity to make it original.
- Organization of drainage system should be given due attention. The drainage will allow to regulate water balance, will provide quick drainage of water from rain or melting snow.
- Rain and melt water forming the gullies. And the steeper the height difference, the greater the probability of failure of the slope. As even small streams are able to create large ravines, cause landslides of soil masses.
- To the arrangement of the flow is started after the main excavation and laying of utilities. Knowledge of at least the approximate location of major buildings, green plantings will help to properly stretch the drainage.
- Method of installation may be open or closed. The main advantage of concealed drainage system is to save space. Since the channels are under the ground over them can arrange driveways, paths.
- Dig trenches along the slope of the site to the receiving manifold. Efficiency of different strip drainage in the form of "Christmas trees", where the main highway adjacent to the additional bends at a sharp angle. With this method the Central trench should be just below the auxiliary channels.
The design of the site with a slope
- The depth of the trenches can be from 30 cm to 1 meter. The slope should not be less than 2 mm per meter length. This parameter is important, even in areas with a bias, because part of the system may be on level ground.
- On the bottom of the trench is backfilled and compacted 10 cm layer of sand. Then it is covered with geotextile, which is to cover the walls of the channel margin. Then poured gravel, with a layer thickness of 10-20 cm.
- On the gravel pad to fit plastic pipes with perforations, carried out their connection. Pipe backfilled with gravel, and the finished system is covered with a geotextile. The whole "pie" is filled with sand and soil.
Mastering challenging landscape fraught with difficulties. But it should not be an obstacle. A sound approach to landscaping will lead to fabulous results.
Sloped land photo
- Elevation changes provide an opportunity to realize the most daring, original ideas. Alpine design is best suited for this purpose. The highlight of this style is the use of roughly hewn stones and a large number of delicate and bright colors. With those 2 items addressed the maximum set of tasks:
- performed zoning of the site;
- boulders and plants serve as the strengthening of slopes;
- contribute to the retention;
- perfectly decorate the entire space.
- Planting of greenery should be on the basis of rules – the lower the point the higher plants. That is on top of the slope is planted dwarf varieties in the lowlands – shrubs and trees. This arrangement will help to visually align the terrain.
Strengthening of the slopes
- The entire area should be planted. Between the garden beds and fruit trees in empty plots planted lawn or ground cover plants (ivy, barberry, Japanese quince). In addition to the aesthetic component, they protect the soil from leaching.
- In hilly terrain it is impossible to do without the paths and stairs. They should be as convenient as driving on them during the day have not a time. The width of the paths and height of the steps in all areas are encouraged to do the same, this approach will help to avoid injuries.
- The track settles on a relatively flat surface. To visually smooth out the height difference make them tortuous.
- Stairs, required on steep slopes. If the slope is very large, with at least one hand settling in the railing. The optimum tread width – 25-30 cm, height of the riser is 15 cm, the Slope of the whole structure should not exceed 45°.
- If the March of the great staircase, constructed rest areas from which to change the direction of recovery. The presence of more than 10 steps suggests a concrete basis that will provide stability and prevent "slipping" of the entire stairs.
- To correctly equip the area with slopes will help the terracing. The size and form of the sites based on their purpose, so, for a vegetable garden you need to have one width, and gazebos with BBQ – another.
- Zoning of land takes into account its location relative to the cardinal directions. Take into account the shading, in such places, planted shade-loving plants, you can install a bench to read.
- When planning, remember that the more terraces are organized on site, the lower the height of fortification walls. Accordingly, their construction is easier. Each terrace should ideally be equipped with its own drainage system.
Preventing the slide of loose mass of rocks is carried out by carrying out various military installations. Method of consolidation of soil depends on the steepness of the terrain.
- A natural fortification. For relatively gentle slopes (30°) are creeping plants that form a decorative cover. Branched roots will create a natural frame. In the lowlands planted willow, lilac, rose. Over time, developing the roots of the shrubs, will securely bind the soil.
- The geomaterial. A great solution will serve as the geotextile, or Geocell. The material is spread on the site and covered with soil. Through time the soil dernulsya and plant forests. Such a strengthening does not involve a change in topography. A protective layer covering the material is resistant to adverse weather conditions, chemical attack. The service life of products is 50 years.
Useful tips when constructing plot with a slope
- Mound. Adapter events can be arranged through the mound. But when you implement them, it should be remembered that mound covers an effective area, so it is rational to use on the large areas. Another disadvantage is the regular podsypanin, that is, after a certain period of time the soil is at the base and slipped from the top of the slope.
- Retaining wall. Advantageous and practical look of walls made of natural materials (stone, wood). Fortification will protect the slope from destruction and delineate space through terracing. They can be installed on hilly terrain with any height differences.
- Low walls (up to 80 cm) that play a more decorative role than functional, settling down on their own. The construction of massive structures, designed largely to prevent the landslide soil masses, should be left to professionals.
- The gabions. Modular constructions are widely used by landscape designers. Gabions are easy to install, they are filled with pebbles, gravel coarse fraction, rubble stone. In the space between the material you can lay a land, and then in the spring, unsightly mesh with stones hiding behind the green shoots. Modules are purchased from the manufacturer or are made of wire alone. Stone walls, pierced with sprouts, give the site the nobility, visual distressing.
- When designing the fastening structures, to calculate the forces acting on the overturning and sliding. The strength and durability of the walls is given by the Foundation, thickness, and depth of which depends on the height of the retaining wall, its purpose and the type of soil.
- The supporting part of the wall resists vertical loads. The presence of the drainage system in the construction of walls is required. It will prevent undermining the foundations of the wall of rain and melt water.
- A commonly used material for walls is stone. Artificial or natural boulders are stacked as for a solution, and without it. During the "dry" method of masonry in the void is laid in the ground that is sowed with seeds. Unfortunately, the lack of mortar makes the wall is not particularly reliable design with long rains and during the spring floods.
- Especially popular has and brick. Laying clinker may be discharged or deaf. The material allows you to build walls in any configuration, the winding and zigzag forms.
- The wooden elements fit harmoniously into the surrounding landscape, but due to the special characteristics of their use as a military structure is not advisable. Of course, the treatment of special drugs will prolong the life of the wood, but again this is only temporary protection. This design requires a regular maintenance.
- If at erection of walls of stone and brick, the height of the building shall not exceed 70 cm, the use of concrete allows for the figure is 3 m. Here you can use concrete slabs manufactured in the factory, or pour the concrete mixture into the prepared formwork.
SUBSCRIBE to OUR youtube channel that allows you to watch online, download from YouTube free video about the recovery, the rejuvenation of man. Love for others and ourselves, as the feeling of high vibrations — an important factor for improvement .
Put LIKES and share with your FRIENDS!
In conclusion, I want to draw some conclusions:
- land with difficult terrain will cost less, but costs for its arrangement will be significantly higher than smooth areas. Conclusion: saving is absent;
- voluminous work on the binding of a residential building to the topography, the location of rest areas and garden beds fully kompensiruet shared the original view of the site. Conclusion: the difference in height gives you more opportunities to put innovative ideas than gentle slope. published