How not to break the children's dreams

You know how kids are dreaming?

True children's dreams are not limited to the laws of physics, salary parents kilometers distance, the views of society, critical attitude towards their abilities and other rationalities.

This undercut parents dream of the wings, carefully explaining why implementation is impossible. Parents say: "This is unreal," "It does not happen", "We can not", "Do not get»

. And if such manipulation of the dream is repeated often, children grow into adults who have forgotten how to dream. Their desire does not go beyond the boundaries that they themselves and identified. "This is unreal," - a universal phrase for grooming every dream ...

Do not tell the child "unrealistic" or "We can not afford it." Tell me at least: "While we can not afford it, but we'll figure something out," And better to speculate: "How can I get it? Under what conditions? What you can do? »

Dream - the engine of progress. If everyone believed that the fly - is unrealistic, then there would now be aircrafts ... Dream with your child, carefully Hear and keep his dreams. Draw a dream. Make a collage of dreams. Start your own dream as a child - is boundless. Open the "portal" into the world of possibilities, just remembering their childhood dreams. Maybe some childhood dream came time to implement. You will make a gift to his inner child, and he will give you a powerful resource.

I'm not talking about wool-gathering and life illusions. I'm talking about the dream - as a call to action. About healthy ambitions and confidence in their abilities. About the ability to translate dreams into intentions, about the development of the strategy, about setting goals. That's it, and need to be taught from childhood - ask yourself questions: "How can I get it? What I can do for this? What am I to do that tomorrow »

How to distinguish between illusion and empty dreams? The dream is to be transformed into an action plan. Without concrete daily steps toward the dream - it's just a wool-gathering

. Be sure to take responsibility for the dream. In order not to wait for that someday circumstances will develop well. People who take responsibility for the result itself, tend to ask questions: "What did I do today for my purpose? And what resources do I need? And what skills I need to develop? »

Where dreams border? In our abilities and resources. Skills can be developed. Resources can be involved. If you happen to pass on the dream of a plan of action, it's all real.

If a child says he wants a talking dog, I will not say "impossible»

I answer, that this breed yet. "But you can be anything you can imagine then?" And then - depending on the degree of the child's interests and age. You can read about the breeds of dogs, can talk about the development of scientists. Who knows, the child will forget about the idea or thirty years to invent a sensor dog and a device that will be broadcast instead of snarling "Get thee and the bite»

I dreamed as a child of the doll, which really eats. Modern girls have "baby bonds", which are eating, and cocoa. And I wanted to phone you can not only hear but also see. And call not only from home, but in general from anywhere in the world. Then it, too, seemed unreal. Now there is the Internet, Skype, tablets. Dreams Come True. That's why someone is not just dreaming, and still did.

If a child suddenly announces that he wants to become president, do not say "impossible". No parent can not know in advance the limit of their child and decide for him "is that you can, and this is not" - simply has no right. Can a child or not - it is only the child's decision. A parent can support, "Let's read the biography of the presidents, we will try to understand what traits helped them to achieve this»

. I beg you not to notch the dream of the child, based on their subjective opinion and personal experience. But it is important to convey to the child that the dream is not enough just to dream, we must also act.

Author: Anna Bykov

Tags

See also

New and interesting