"As I have become a" lark "and loved the morning"

Early and dark. The silence was piercing alarm sound, you pull to turn it off. After a couple of seconds, you sit down on the bed, feet touching the floor and pick up the phone. You sit in darkness, and a small display illuminates the bedroom. The screen shows the number of new messages, reminders of today's birthdays and prediction of rain in the weather section. You are currently viewing the notifications and news. "I'm half asleep - you think. - I just see Twitter to quickly wake up. " It takes ten minutes, then another five. You are awake, but you're not awake. The terrible condition.

< It was my daily morning until five years ago, I decided not to become a "lark».

I was a typical "owl." Sometimes we had to get up early on some important meeting, and it was a real challenge for me. I barely lifted his body from the bed. Often I dragged him in the same poluprosnuvshemsya able to work itself. And I felt all day a hair's breadth as a hangover.

But having decided to get up early, I was fascinated by the potential of the morning time. These early clocks were like a real gift - a few "free" extra hours that I could spend productively, prepare for the coming day. Becoming a "lark" I became also spend more time with his wife. She worked in a company where the working day started at eight. I have always been a depressing fact that we have very different schedules.

As a true "night owl," I knew that I needed a plan if I wanted to avoid the mistakes of their previous early climbs. Thus, I decided to investigate how other people get up in the morning, and try their advice into practice.

< Hallelujah, it worked! So I decided to share my experience with you.

Coffee, light and vigorous activity
  • The morning now, I always start with coffee. But due to the fact that caffeine awakens me. For me, a much more important process of coffee itself. It takes me 15 minutes to do it, I boil water, grind grain, and carefully stir the stand him in Turku. This process helps me to keep yourself in the hands of the so-called "morning during low willpower", while checking Twitter would not have allowed me a long time to finally get out of the embrace of Morpheus. Instead, I'm standing in the kitchen, slowly wake up, think about the upcoming day and is already enjoying a fresh cup of coffee
  • Light -. This is another important factor in awakening. On a bright sunny day, we wake up very easily, whereas in the morning, cloudy or dark early hour to get up very hard. So when I wake up, I just turn on all the lights in the apartment. And if I have the chance, try to always watch the sunrise, even if it occurs within an hour or two after I wake up.
  • In order to wake up early, I definitely need a goal, kakoe- or occupation. Usually I work. Even activities such as cooking, ironing, cleaning, help me wake up and feel productive before the day begins. With coffee, light and morning classes early rise will be felt easier, even if you went later.

bedtime
  • Be honest, you probably do not get enough sleep. For example, I feel good only after 7-8 hours of sleep. I usually wake up around 5:45, so I go to about ten at night.
Pay attention to the effect of food before going to bed on your body. I know that alcohol impairs the quality of sleep, and bitter chocolate, which I used to loved to eat after dinner, prevents sleep because of the contained caffeine. Finally, I learned how to adjust the atmosphere in my apartment, to help me prepare for bed. I start with reducing the amount of light. I close all the curtains in the house, turn off the overhead light in the kitchen, hallway, switching on the lamps in the living room and bedroom. So I quietly sink into a state of relaxation.

For me, this is not always easy to wake up early, but I learned to love the morning. Now on a normal day to 9:30 I have a productive hour worked, did household chores and enjoy a hearty breakfast with two fragrant cups of coffee.

Please enjoy and appreciate your morning!

Author: John Zeratski
Translation and adaptation of the Website
Preview: A. and I. Kruk / shutterstock

via medium.com/@jazer/how-i-became-a-morning-person-and-why-i-decided-to-make-the-change-eb1b012a16e5#.o7qn7ga96

Tags

See also

New and interesting