Why would a man money

Sometimes when reading the holy fathers faced with some well at all so unexpected judgments. Well, for example, if many have heard about that money (yes, the same ones being talked about as if they are always short) there is some good purpose, appointed by God? Frankly, I would not think anything like that in my life.

Money is always perceived my dual: on the one hand, after reading of the Gospel is in the mind of a thought that summarizes all expressed there thinking about them in a concise formula "money - the evil". On the other hand, at the level of practice, I have somewhat expanded for yourself this thesis: "Money - the evil, which is never superfluous»

In short, be confused for me was this question until I read in the letters of St. Ambrose of Optina that same phrase about God's appointment of money. And so she liked me and now I want to share this with other wise simplicity Optina elders: "The Holy Fathers stated that" the devils are extremities, "that is, that the extremes come from poduscheniya spiritual enemies. Foolhardy to be biased towards money and nerassudno ignore them ... Money in itself, or rather, the target assigned by God, a very useful thing. They replace a lack of simplicity and love between people. Without money, people who would raschel? There would be eternal disputes and quarrels and even fights before the murder; a small coin, and even worthless pieces of paper people get rid of all this, do not understand that. »

Money payment is the lack of love and simplicity! But really, where between the people and the simplicity of love, money unnecessarily. There are in ancient Paterik a funny story, well illustrates this:

Two brothers lived in the same cell for years in complete agreement. And once one of them said:

- What if we argue a little, like all people

? - But I do not know how to argue ... - posted second

. - And here's how: I will put a brick between us and say: "This is my brick." And you said, "No, it is not yours, it's mine." All disputes always begin.

They put together a brick, and the first began:

-. This is my

But the second answer:

- If it's yours, take it and go in peace

. On this and ended their unsuccessful experiment.

But what happens when you do not have love and simplicity, people begin to share some disputed property, but at least the same brick? Begin quarrels, strife, hatred - and as a result - some agreement as to one another agrees to pay a certain sum of money in exchange for the thing desired by them. And if there was no money at all? I'm afraid that in some cases the same brick people would simply break through each other's heads.

And how else, other than money, the merciful Lord has given people just such props, crutches, which we use, instead of walking in front of him, exactly, in love and simplicity of one another ...

And I in addition to the lameness of his soul, and even scold these crutches solemnly speak forth in its naive arrogance any stupidities like: "Money is evil." But the Rev. Ambrose says, the money thing is very useful, God established by our weakness and hudosti. With broken legs and even without crutches far it go away? So use these backups, do not disdain those without which you fall. Just do not turn into a slave of money, do not begin to serve them, like Mr. While on crutches, but hobble themselves in the right direction - towards God. You'll see, in time and learn to walk without them. When finally come back to the Lord, and come to life in your sin destroyed the simplicity and love.

Author: Alexander Tkachenko

Tags

See also

New and interesting