Stephen Fry Letter girl who was in a depression

Stephen Fry - British actor, writer and broadcaster, who became famous thanks to projects such as "Jeeves and Wooster", "Wilde", "Sherlock Holmes" and many others. He is an active campaigner for civil rights, and does not hide the fact that he suffered from bipolar disorder.

In 2006, a girl named Crystal Nunn, being in deep bouts of depression, wrote a letter to his idol. "I did not know who to ask, but I needed to talk to someone and relieve pain. And I have written to Stephen Fry because he was my hero, and because he has experienced something similar. And - oh, miracle! - He answered me! I always will love him for it. "

That's what kind of response received Crystal:

"Dear Crystal, I'm sorry that at the moment you do not have life in joy. Who knows why, but life is very tough; it's not even very little around to expectations. Not sure if I can give advice that has helped bring back the life of its taste and smell.

Of course, this is done with the best intentions, but sometimes terribly annoying reminder of how you love others - while he himself did not like you very

. As I found out, sometimes it helps to think about the mood and attitude to the world the way people think about the weather.

Here are some obvious facts about the weather:

It really exists.

You can not change her one desire to see it changed.

If it is cloudy and rainy, so it is overcast and rainy, and there's nothing to do about it.

Gloomy, cloudy and rainy there may be two weeks in a row.

BUT

Once the sun comes out again.

Not in human power to make the sun look out, but it will.

One day.

I think the same thing happens with our moods and states of mind. It is a mistake to consider, though they are illusory. Sentiment actually exist. Depression, anxiety, apathy - all this is as real as the weather. And equally not subject to ANYONE. And no one here is not to blame.

BUT

All this will take place. Really.

Just as we take the weather, you need to take our feelings, mood, attitude toward the world. "Today is a crappy day" - we can state, and it is absolutely realistic approach. It's all about the ability to find a mental umbrella. "Hoo, yes there is pouring rain! I am not to blame for this, and nothing I can do about it. Is that the rain to wait. And tomorrow may look out of the sun. And when that happens, so I have a fully catch up. ยป

I do not know if you will come in handy something of the foregoing. Probably not - if so, I'm sorry, very sorry. I just wanted to drop a few lines to you and wish you success in finding a little more meaning and joy in life.

Regards, Stephen Fry. "

Tags

See also

New and interesting