Svetum - Autonomous lamp with motion sensor

I used that light is always there, without any limitations and exceptions. But, as usual, there are exceptions, and often are the rules. The light in the passage to the pantry at home is designed in such a way that at first it is necessary to pass in the pitch darkness a few meters, to try to find the switch, repeat this several times, finally turn on the light and then make sure that the switch is not where you did originally I am trying to find.

The idea to proshtrobit wall to bring the wires and make normal - right switch occurs each time you visit the pantry, and the same each time postponed until better times. Still closet - it is not something that you use every day

. The solution to my problem was quite by accident and it turned out not so difficult as the shtroblenie walls and wiring laying. Decision appeared small lamp with an interesting name "Svetum". (It makes you want to put the name of the in-dash light - Mind)

The device is a small, round box with a set of LEDs and sensor front movement. And the battery compartment for four at the rear. It comes with instructions (although the device has one switch is a clear exaggeration), set for mounting on the wall and the device itself.

Svetuma distinctive feature is the presence sensor and motion sensor lighting. Sensors consume so little energy (30-40 microamps) that according to my calculations, the battery will be enough for a year exactly infrequent inclusions.

In Svetuma only one switch with intuitive functionality: enabled continuously, automatically turn on in the dark when motion is detected and completely turned off. I recommend you put the auto mode and forget about the switch.

The stated range of 5 meters illuminance sensor is triggered. By my measurements, it can be a little less, if closer to the transmitter side. On the contrary, is approached directly to the sensor distance of about 7 - 10 meters. Precisely define the range did not work - it is highly dependent on traffic. If you go quickly down the corridor - the maximum distance

. Duration of burning light is turned on automatically at 15 seconds. For personal feelings - this is quite enough to get a small portion of dark (already light) corridor

. A few words about the brightness. When the Svetuma at home, in the afternoon, on the table, it seemed to me that the brightness is too small. But for the dark places it is more than enough. I installed Svetum on the wall at a height of about 15 centimeters from the floor. (Just a little above the level of the water from the last flood in the basement). When enabled, Svetum brightly illuminate the hall at a distance of 3 meters, which is sufficient to reach the main switch.

When the friend explained that this "contraption" hanging on the wall, he said - "and if you really turn off the light, it is the little lights." Checked.

Find the way and highlight the dark corridor Svetumu quite a force. But for the full emergency lighting one luminaire is enough.

A few words about other applications.
I think that this light is ideal for lower shelves in the kitchen, closets with clothes, etc. I tried to place Svetum in the kitchen under a cabinet with a sink. This is a place where the lights sometimes is not even hurt. But already I decided that all the same storage area coverage is more important.

Interiors
After experimenting with lighting the idea to see what's inside. And inside was a board with LEDs, covered by a separate lid:

On the reverse side of a neat installation. A trifle, and that the board has no empty seats, and all the parts are sealed in its place is another little plus device.

For the curious - called chip - LX6-8L

Tags

See also

New and interesting