Osho (The Mystery of Life)

- Someone has insulted you pressed the button - and you responded. Are you angry, jumping on the abuser, and you call that action?
Remember, this is not an act, it is responding.
Your abuser was the operator of the machine, and you - the machine itself. He pressed the button, and you began to function like a machine.
The lamp is lit and extinguished by pressing the button. Likewise come around to you, and they turn on and off you.

One praises you, your ego inflating like a balloon, and you start to feel its greatness.
Then another pierces the balloon, and you valishsya lifeless on the ground.
You are not the master of his own: anyone can insult you, sadden, angry, angry, infuriating, swoon.
And anyone can praise you, lift you to heaven; you will feel so great that even Alexander the Great would be worthless compared to you ... You act in accordance with alien manipulation. Such action is not true.

Once the Buddha was passing by a village.
Gathered around him people began to shout insults at him. They used all sorts of curses, these nemnogoslozhnye words from his meager vocabulary.
Buddha stood in silence and listened to them very carefully, and then said:
 - Thank you for coming to meet me, but I'm in a hurry. I need to have time in the next village, I was already there waiting. Can not you pay a lot of attention today, but tomorrow, on the way back, we will have time to talk. Tomorrow you can get together and give me everything I did not have time today. Now excuse me, I need to hurry.
The peasants could not believe their ears and eyes: this man remained perfectly calm, level-headed.
Someone could not resist:
 - Are you deaf? We are the last words offend you, but you did not react.
Buddha replied:
 - If you would like to hear the answer, it came too late. You should have come ten years ago, then I would have said.
But in the ten years I've learned not to succumb to provocations. I ceased to be a slave, I became the owner himself.
I act the way I want to, not someone else. I live in harmony with your soul.
I was not forced to do anything against my will.
I'm not angry at you. You can be a rather, you worked well.
But personally, I do not take your insults and, before I begin to perceive them, they will remain a dead letter.
 - Throw a burning torch into the river. It will burn as long as it touches the water. As soon as he touches the surface, the river once extinguish it.
I turned into a river. You throw insults at me. They are full of fire, but once they reach me in my cool fire goes out.
Insults are no longer able to burn me.
You throw thorns, falling in my silence, they are transformed into flowers.
I do as my heart tells.

Osho (The Mystery of Life)

Tags

See also

New and interesting