Why 6-hour workday more productive 8-hour

As the newspaper notes FastCompany, the average American spends a day at work about 8, 7:00. According to the newspaper "Vedomosti", the Russians spend on the job even more time. At the same time, the editor of FastCompany, most of the time in the American worker goes to the processing of messages, work with email, checking social networks, and so on.

Website published an article, which is available explains why for you and me and our leaders would be better if we worked only for 6 hours per day.

Many IT companies in Sweden decided to reduce the length of the working day to 6 hours. Director General of the studio - the application developer Filimundus Linus Feldt believes that the staff is difficult to remain productive for 8 hours, and it would be best to reduce working hours.

«< I think the 8-hour working day - this is not the best solution. To stay productive throughout the day, employees are forced to be distracted, making short breaks and so on. There is another point: each employee would like to spend more time with his family or friends. I was wondering if we could come up with a solution to these two problems, "- said Feldt.

Team Filimundus operates in this mode for almost a year. According to management, these changes do not reduce the overall efficiency of the staff. At the same time during the transition to such a regime as possible the team was asked to renounce the use of social networks in the workplace, and to avoid scheduling unnecessary meetings. Management also reduced the number of meetings with the staff.

Another Swedish IT company - Brath - the first to use such a system even earlier, about 3 years ago. According to the CEO of a startup, so the project is possible to retain employees: « When a person gets used to something good, he will not want to lose it. Our employees have a chance to pick up the kids from school, spend more time with family, make a delicious dinner. We care about our employees, "- he said.

Service centers of Toyota in Goteborg transferred to their employees on a 6-hour working day in 2002, writes the Guardian, and has since been working schedule has not changed. One of the employees of the service center said that running in place for 8 years and from leaving it partly keeps it short day. "All my friends are jealous of me," - he said.

These experiments were carried out not only the executives of the companies. For example, in one of the state nursing homes in Sweden also offered to nurses to work 6 hours a day instead of eight - with pay. As a result of their work is cost management more expensive, but at the same time patient care has improved as a nurse less tired.

Other medical companies in Sweden drew attention to the news: as reported edition of Guardian, a similar alternative offered their nurses and some doctors (eg, surgical wards) for at least two Swedish hospitals.

Regime change in a nursing home is only a temporary experiment, and management does not believe that such schedule will eventually become an official for nurses. In the 1990s, notes FastCompany, this practice has been common in these institutions, but later it had to be abolished due to the high cost.

However, management Filimundus notes that the startup costs of any financial regime change can not be held. "Employees are equally productive every day. Of course, it happened so that the right people at the moment is not in the office, but it can happen, and an 8-hour working day. The companies that are held for an 8-hour mode, referring to the high cost of reducing the length of the working day, come from the idea that an employee is 100% productive every 8 hours of office - and it is not ».

Filimundus workers themselves acknowledge that the change of the regime began to feel a more energy. "I give the force of my colleagues. I see how every day they come to work happy and go with it the same. They do not feel tired. In the team there are fewer disputes and conflicts. We're all happy », - says one of the employees.

In 2014, the CEO of an American company decided to hold Buffer own experiment: he worked for a total of 5, 5 hours a day (long periods during the day), 7 days a week, getting up at the same time at 4:30 am. As a result, the founder of start-stop the experiment for two reasons:

Complete the work on the weekend did not work, because the entire market was resting. Working seven days a week, in his words, "burn". The Belgian design studio Central solved the problem of inefficiency of the staff in another way: the company has reduced the length of the working week to 4 days, increasing the number of days off for employees. At its output at will employees can relax, engage in side projects or come to the office.

According to studio founder Geoffroy Delobel, the effectiveness of employees has risen sharply - employees have become faster decisions, more productive work , better perform their duties and to complete projects faster

via art4mi.ru/posteryi/sovetskiy-agitatsionnyiy-plakat-171-starshego-slushay-razumnuyu-rech-8212-dengi-v-sberkasse-nado-berech-187/

Tags

See also

New and interesting