History Boys Or "Nice to meet you, I'm your grandson!"

Alyosha stood in a phone booth and dialed the number Slavkin. Again occupied ...

Having nothing to do, he began to examine the room, clumsily scrawled on the walls of the booth. But one reason is written so neatly ... himself not knowing why, Alyosha decided to dial the number.

- Listen - suddenly sounded in the receiver quiet hoarse voice. - Who says?
Of course, you can quickly push the lever and to complete the call, but Alyosha said:
- This is me ...

Invisible man if he had not surprised, but quite the contrary. His voice somehow immediately became warmer and more cheerful.
- A! Hello Baby I am very glad that you finally rang. I waited for you ... You're probably in a hurry again? ..

Alyosha did not know what to answer him. After all, the man apparently mistook him for someone else. And like you should immediately tell him about it and apologize. But something restrained him. ...

- And how are you in school?
- At school ... ok ... - muttered, confused, Alyosha.
The interviewer, apparently felt his excitement and his voice became hoarse again.
- You're probably in a hurry right now in the pool? Or in the studio? It's time to run already, huh? .. Thank you for not forgetting. I did every day, hoping for your call.

The next day Alyosha remembered the man who was waiting for a call of a "baby". And he came to the conclusion that it is necessary to call again to apologize.

The tube is lifted immediately.
- ABOUT! Hello Baby Thank you for not forgetting his grandfather! Maybe, after all, you come the other day? You know, I almost did not come out ... And all my wounds, be they are wrong!
- Wounds? .. - Alyosha could not remain silent.
- I told you about them once, kid. However, you then still quite crumbs was. Forgotten, perhaps? I was injured at the time, when I was still in the "Ilyukh-humpbacked" flew. Yeah, those were times! But you called me, and at once it became easier. I am now quite well.

After this conversation, Alyosha realized that he can not say that old, wounded warrior, that he speaks to the deceiver.

Alyosha evening as if by chance, casually asked his father:
- Dad, do you know what "Ilyukha-humpback»?
- "Ilyukha-hunchback?" So it was such aircraft during the war - attack aircraft "IL-2". The Germans feared him terribly, even the "Black Death" nickname.
- And if my grandfather died, we would go to visit him?
Father somehow squeezed his hand Alyosha.
- If my father was alive ...
And the more he did not say anything. And Alyosha thought then that he could die and grandfather of the unknown "baby". However, this "kid" incredibly lucky!

And he felt that he needed to call that person again.

The old man's voice was cheerful.
- Well, now I have every day a celebration! How you doing, baby?
- Fine! - Alyosha replied confidently. - And you, how? Tell me, how are you.
The old man was surprised. It can be seen long ago in his affairs no one was interested.
- Me? .. Yes, I have all the same. Cause we old man's more, you know.
- Have you seen the war tanks?
- Tanks? It was the case. I covered them from the air. Oh, baby, one day ...

The old man's hoarse voice sounded young and fun, and the boy began to feel that talking to him is not an old man sitting somewhere in a lonely apartment, a combat pilot who runs his fearless aircraft. And the fight goes to the ground and in the sky. And far, far below are the enemy little, like beetles, tanks. And only he, a brave pilot "Ilyukh-humped", can save them from a direct hit ...

Uncle Volodya, a neighbor Alyosha from the 9th floor, has long worked in the police. Having come to him in the evening, Alyosha confusedly began to tell his story. And the next day the neighbor fulfilled his request and brought him a small leaf with the address and name.

It turned out that the old pilot did not live so far away: Alyosha passed only six stops on the bus. The boy went up to the house and thought. After all, this grandfather still thinks that every day talking with his grandson. And if, after learning the truth, he did not want to talk? We should, perhaps, somehow warn him first ...

Alyosha went into a phone booth and dialed the coveted number.
- It's you? - I heard the familiar voice of the boy. - Are you calling from the machine that the bottom? And I immediately understood and that is you! Get up, I quickly opened the door too. We learn, grandson!

Tags

See also

New and interesting