12 interesting facts about the short Tsarist Russia

Time destroys memory - the farther we are from the pre-revolutionary Russian Empire, the harder it is to us to understand what it was. This site contains an interesting collection of disparate facts about Tsarist Russia. < 1. In tsarist Russia there was no ban on carrying weapons free. Until the revolution of 1917 in gun shops could freely buy weapons.

2. The Russian Empire was not a measure of the kilogram mass, this function is performed pud, nominal weight is equal to 16, 38 kg.

3. The revolution has brought one more adjustments in the tradition of the Russian Empire - to Russia it was the malopyuschy country of the European continent. Russia was considered the most sober power in Europe, behind these figures only Norway, before the start of the XX century.

4. Russian Emperor Nicholas II, was a relative of the British Empire by the Emperor George V, who is his cousin.

5. The Emperor Peter III (referred to as the birth Karl Peter Ulrich of Holstein-Gottorp), during whose reign were in 1761 - 1762. It was a German by birth.

Great-nephew of the Swedish King Karl XII's paternal initially brought up as a possible heir to the throne of Sweden. There is historical evidence that in 1751, after learning that the Swedish king was his uncle, the future emperor murmured, "rid me damn Russia, where I feel like a prisoner of the state! Now, if I was left at liberty, the right to be civilized I'm lyudom ».

6. In the twentieth century the Russian Empire came with the largest and most promising oil and petrochemical industry in the world, processing all the oil inside the country reached then 94%.

7. 1904 - in Tsarist Russia there are 21 million. Horses (for comparison - in the rest of the world there are about 75 million.). It is noteworthy that 3 or more horses have had 60% of farms.

8. «Chanel № 5" is not invented by Coco Chanel. The author of the famous fragrance was a Russian, the perfumer-immigrant by the name of Verigin, who worked with Ernest Beaux Muscovites in the perfume department "Chanel».

9. In 1913, Russia's revenues from trade with butter abroad was at the same level as that of gold mining.

10. The most numerous estate in Tsarist Russia was the peasantry.

Denominations in Imperial Russia: Orthodox - 69.5%, Muslims - 11.1%, Catholics - 9.1%, Jews - 4.2%.

11. The Emperor Nicholas II - the first head of state, announced the idea of ​​universal disarmament. His proposal was announced in The Hague (1898) and was intended to heads of state in Europe.

12. On the eve of World War II, Perova Russia supplied as much bread as taken together the US, Canada and Argentina.

via 1001facts.info/interesnye-fakty-o-carskoj-rossii/#content

Tags

See also

New and interesting