What does not tell BBC

In tsarist Russia, there was a ban on carrying weapons free. Up until the 1917 coup, in gun shops could freely buy weapons.

The Russian Empire was not a kilogram of weight measure, this function is performed pud, nominal weight is equal to 16, 38 kg.

The revolution has made one more adjustments to the traditions of the Russian Empire - before it was the Russian malopyuschy country of the European continent. We can say even more, Russia was considered the most sober power in Europe, second only to these indicators, Norway. The Russians were on the penultimate position in the world of alcohol consumption per capita, this country has kept the bar for 300 years, from the XVII and the beginning of XX century.

Russian Emperor Nicholas II, was a relative of the British Empire by Emperor George V, who comes to his cousin.

Emperor Peter III (referred to as the birth of Karl Peter Ulrich of Holstein-Gottorp), during whose reign had on the 1761-1762 biennium. was a German by birth. Great-nephew of the Swedish king Charles XII paternal initially brought up as a possible heir to the throne of Sweden. There is historical evidence that in 1751, after learning that the Swedish king was his uncle, the future Emperor remarked: 'rid of me in the damn Russia, where I feel like a prisoner of the state, that if left me at liberty, the rule would I be civilized lyudom ».

In the twentieth century, the Russian Empire came with the largest and most promising oil and petrochemical industry in the world, processing all the oil inside the country reached then 94%.

1904 - in Tsarist Russia there are 21 million. Horses (for comparison - the world as a whole, there are approximately 75 million.). It is noteworthy that 3 or more horses have 60% of farms.
Rates of industrial production of the Russian Empire in 1914 I entered the place.

«Chanel № 5" was not invented by Coco Chanel. The author of the famous flavor was a Russian perfumer-immigrant Verigin, who worked with Muscovites Ernest Beaux, in the perfume department "Chanel».
In 1913, Russia's revenues from trade butter abroad was at the same level as that of gold mining.

The most numerous estate in Tsarist Russia was the peasantry.
Denominations in Imperial Russia: Orthodox - 69.5%, Muslims - 11.1%, Catholics - 9.1%, Jews - 4.2%.

Emperor Nicholas II and the first head of state officially announce the idea of ​​universal disarmament. His proposal was announced in The Hague (1898) and was intended to heads of state in Europe.
On the eve of World War I, Russia supplied as much bread as taken together the US, Canada and Argentina.

Tags

See also

New and interesting