The diversity and perspectives in the compilation of clips Dougal Wilson

Two things strike you when you meet with shourilom Dougal Wilson. First - this is the wide range of styles represented: various types of animations, live action mixed clips. Wilson - one of the most "diverse" and promising filmmakers present. And the second point: in his commercials idea governs all things, even the smallest detalyami.Krome that this guy has a very positive way: many called one of the most friendly and understanding directors in the industry.

But it could be, Wilson astrophysicist. That this profession he mastered in England's Durham University, until his fate was not lured agency copywriter at Edinburgh Leith. Three years later, he began to make his first steps as a director Blink.

He still collaborates with the prodakshenom. In addition, implementing projects for the studio Furlined (USA) and Soft Citizen (Canada).

"I ask you set a goal to try their capabilities in all the techniques. And I answer: I aimless people. No, it sounds foolishly: directionless director - director without direction. I do not mean it. I'm just interested in everything, I turn to a variety of things. And if I like the idea, and some specific, but unfamiliar machinery to make it better, I know, and ideas are embodied in this way. I like the idea and its production is fully woven ».

Diet Coke - Frames

Beck's - Four Steps

"Sometimes an idea can be formulated in the same sentence, people catch it - everyone will see what it is really cool, but will have to give it up. What looks good on paper, is not always easy to bring to life ».

Clarks - Football

Clarks - Hula Hoop

"Do you know how often look assignments from agencies? For example, the movie «Dance» to Orange? "An elderly couple in their home ends with breakfast. And the banal washing dishes and cleaning the table transforms them into a dance. They move as if he can anticipate each other's movements. Relationship - like a good dance. You try one partner, the other, not yet seek full "hit." And then the agency provides complete freedom to the imagination of director.

When I first saw the script no illumination has not occurred. I went to the meeting and had no idea what to do. It ended up that we decided to build an entire movie on a conventional dance Hollywood-style. Lord, thank you that we did not! The result would be a completely different ads. Stephen Balter, creative director of Mother, in time drew my attention to contact improvisation - it is one of the areas of dance, which was represented in the spot ».

Orange - Dancing

Another work created for the brand in a completely different way.

Orange - Rocking Horse

Here Wilson implements the concept of a different agency for all of the same Orange.

Orange - The Ride

Another interesting spot - a kind of adaptation of "War and Peace" - the opposition of business and pleasure.

Vodafone - Work And Play

Boots № 7 - Stay Perfect 55,163,316

Pimm's - Porridge

The first Cannes award Wilson received for this rolik.Big Yellow Self Storage - Tide WavesJCPenney - Doodle Heart

JCPenney - Zombies

via / jcpenney / 2007/07/19/19320 /

Tags

See also

New and interesting