Hot Finnish guy Markku Lahdesmaki

Scandinavian philosophicity and cheerfulness Malibu intertwined in the portfolio of the Finnish photographer Markku Lahdesmaki.Master whose talent is not marked by the same award Epica, Clio and other professional awards, he prefers to take simple pictures of the lives of ordinary people.

- His career as a photographer I started in his native Finland, but soon went abroad with his wife, who is also my art director. I worked as an assistant in London and soon there founded his own studio. In 1993, after several years of successful work, I moved to Los Andezheles, where he collected a good list, and the European and American customers. My philosophy of life is based on taking every day for what it is, I relax and let the subconscious to resolve all the creative problems. During operation, I fully rely on their visual memory, my ability to dream, to his photographer's eye and my awareness of himself as a careful man, whose work zafiskirovat unique fragments of reality seen by the mind.

What are the professional goals you have?

I want to continue to develop and make more elegant your own professional style photos

What demands maximum effort in the process of filming?

It's always a real challenge - to resolve the conflict between the limitations of time and your own ideas about how it should ideally be carried out this work.

What is your most significant professional achievement?

Gold Award of the prestigious competition of the British Association of Photographers (British Association of Photographers).

Where do you get your inspiration?

To this end, there are only a few ways - delicious and romantic. Drinking coffee in a nice coffee shop in an unfamiliar town, in which fate has thrown you to the previous day, and go to the sauna in the middle of a summer night in his native Finland.

What are the achievements in your personal life?

I'm happily married for over 20 years. My oldest son went to his mother's footsteps and studied graphic design, and the youngest trying his hand at writing. My house and my studio in the hills of Malibu satisfy me completely.

What to do in retirement plan?

Take pictures. For me photography - this way of life, to create images - is like breathing. Maybe I'll go and shoot for the guidebooks. And I want to do more gardening than they are now.

What ideas do you want to bring their creativity?

The joy of life, the world of mind, a sense of humor ... In general, the simple truth.

When you have made the first shot?

Another eight. My uncle gave me a simple camera. On my first picture was my sister and some other members of my family.

How hobby turned into a business?

I started with shooting portraits at home. And then a few local agencies "discovered" me.

What advice would you give budding photographers?

Do you have your mind, forget about the camera. Imagination should outpace technique.

via # image262005

Tags

See also

New and interesting