Advertisers from MTS criticized the agency for a lack of big ideas

Director of Marketing Communications MTS Churbanova Eugene spoke about the anti-crisis event-marketing, at the VI Forum Marketing "Vedomosti».

- I do not understand when companies refuse to the event, because they have no money. After all, money are always on ATL. I can honestly say that in my professional practice, the best memories are connected with the event-marketing.

What is the event through the eyes of the customer? I think we are living a wonderful moment. I loved in 1998, when she left the opportunity to overspend when the amount of money spent was not visible ideas. Now the idea becomes the basis for everything, and it determines the cost. And I always say I do not need to bring a bad idea from the high cost of promotion, bring me good with small, because I think it's a good idea to sell herself. B>

Compare the two events. We had a standard event-action, although it seemed to us that it is non-standard - a concert on Red Square. Yes, there were Shakira, Black eyed peas ... Investments in the project amounted to 1.5 million USD, the cost of contact was 625 rubles - but who remembers such events? I think none.

Another story from T-Mobile - the British telecommunications company. Their investment in the project amounted to event-the same 1.5 million, and the cost of contact - 1.1 rubles.

What did they do? With an interval of six months removed three rolls - that is held and removed three events. The first - dance in the London Underground with 400 participants, training took seven weeks - people went to train at the site during the night brought the music, and at a certain time - at 4 pm - at the usual station London Underground started dancing people and kind of dance began to be picked up passengers. To date, this movie - the most downloaded on the Internet, In Youtube - 13 million views, 13,000 comments, almost 20,000 assessments (count - loyal consumers).

This is what MTS can afford without compromising the brand. But while the number of positive emotions, press coverage (coverage) incomparable - it's not the 50 people who came to the concert and told another 10 to your friends.

Themes "No money for event" simply does not exist. In the case of T-Mobile I will give a hand to cut off - I cut off the TV, cut out the Internet, if I am offered a similar idea
We still do not understand what should come first - the brief for a viral video or agency should come up with this idea? The English, I think the idea was born is still in the agency, which has long worked with the brand. But here was first - the chicken or the egg, or the idea of ​​a channel?

I had grown accustomed to jokes on the theme of eggs, but after the launch of our eggs we'll probably never be able to cause a surge of folk art, as it was during the rebranding. Although, frankly, I would like to.

I was not in the company, when there was a rebranding, and when I came, was incredibly surprised by the results - they have three weeks was achieved a 70% brand awareness in the country. What you've seen companies that achieved in such a short time such indicators? "Beeline" It took 6 months - at their fairly aggressive campaign to change the logo.

Yes, someone in the company at that time was the decision to take the eggs. I'd never taken it, afraid to be, honestly.

via www.slon.ru/

Tags

See also

New and interesting