Another mystery revealed: I can not believe that a Rembrandt hide it ...

The fact that a Rembrandt "Portrait of an elderly man in military costume" (1630-1631) hides another portrait, known since the 1960s. But today, get it clear image failed. During a difficult, but very interesting task undertaken by scientists from the German synchrotron center DESY. With the help of sophisticated X-ray techniques they first get a clear view of "hidden" portrait. Thus, thanks to the latest modern devices are now finally able to solve the mystery of the famous masterpiece. A revision happy to share this secret.

The German synchrotron at DESY new complex radiographic technology has helped to get a clear image of a man hidden under layers of paint in the painting of Rembrandt's "Portrait of an elderly man in military costume».

portrait of himself Baroque stored in the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles, United States.

Scientists have known about the multi-layer pattern, they defined it earlier, when it was investigated by infrared and X-rays and neutron beams. Now, thanks to a new method - the macroscopic X-ray fluorescence analysis (MA-XRF) - they were able to get a clear picture of "hidden" portrait. B>

« The difficulty of working with" blacked out "version of Rembrandt's paintings is that he used the paint with the same chemical composition and original figure, and one that is applied over. Van Gogh, for example, which I used different pigments, much easier to work i> », - they note. B>

Experts believe that the secret image - a portrait of Rembrandt's father.

Perhaps more than one secret of the creators of the painting we will uncover. We can only look forward to the next discovery. And yet Share this article with your friends - I hope it will be interesting to know the secret of a great artist.

via ofigenno.cc

Tags

See also

New and interesting