This elderly couple 70 years decided that many can not afford even 20 ... An example to follow!

How often, many of us now and then not have the courage, time or money, to decide on major changes in your life ... And the older we get, the harder it is to take a step to your own happiness.

But the elderly couple - Lynn and Tim Martin - are sure to live for dreams really simple. It is hard to imagine, but these enthusiasts of 70 years decided to take something that is not under the power of many people younger. They became nomads and finally started to live happily!

When Lynn was 69, and Tim - 65, they returned from a trip to Mexico in his native California. And then one of them said something that simply turned their lives: «What if we travel more frequently, and if the journey to transform into reality?!» I>

Unfortunately, the one at hand, as they say, there is not a penny ... I had to think of something. «Maybe sell the house to find more money to put it in a bank and the interest to travel? In fact, because you can live without your own home, and you can rent an apartment, to communicate with relatives on Skype. And all you need for travel - a few clothes and a big dream », i> - speculated the couple.

Thus, despite the violent protests of relatives and friends, they have become nomads.

After a couple of months after the idea was born, Tim and Lynn were already on board the ship that was to take them to Europe. In the hands they had two small suitcases and a couple of laptops.

«We have decided to stop being just retired and find a way to travel around the world to finally see what has long been on the list of our desires. I have represented, as we go through the rows with fragrant tomatoes on the Italian market as a walk on the dark and mysterious bazaars of Marrakech; I saw myself on a French farm, I whip souffle and Tim opens a bottle of local white wine with bright fresh scent ... It seemed as if we were given the chance to make up for all that we have missed in life. We wanted to spend time in Paris, slowly open the secrets of Ireland, find an apartment in Florence, to try to live in Portugal - that have become completely free! » I> - enthusiastically told Lynn and Tim.

Since then, they romp around the world and see themselves as the happiest people. Rents an apartment, live in different parts of the world for a few months. The couple had been in a dozen places - Mexico, Argentina, Turkey, Paris, Italy, UK, Ireland, Morocco, Portugal. And that's not the whole list!

And most importantly, Lynn and Tim realized what it means to live in the present: «The great thing about this story - something we never take the time to quickly see all the sights. To arrange his life so we got the most valuable thing in the world - period. We are no longer just a tourist. When we come to another country, we are now becoming a local anywhere in the world. We are freed from their home, and now our house, where we are at any given moment of our life ». I>

Americans are confident we made the right choice, despite the fact that many consider them a desperate act simply madness.

During all this time, Lynn and Tim saw what makes life worth living: the majestic Rome, romantic Venice, Sunset on the Sea of ​​Marmara in Istanbul, Buenos Aires bird's-eye view, the pre-dawn River Thames in London, lit the night lights of the Eiffel Tower, a suburb of Dublin with its old mansions, which can be seen from the windows of the Irish Sea.

«We often meet people who learn about our way of life, taking a defensive position as if our decisions are somehow threaten their usual existence. "Yes, I would have never abandoned furniture, dogs, cars and his house ..." - they taldychat. Sometimes it is necessary to explain that such a life devoid of rest like ours, and the truth is not suitable for everyone. But right now, and that for us it was perfect. We talk about his unusual life to someone suddenly decided to radically change her. We just want to show how great it is - to expand their horizons, whatever way you chose to do no », i> - say the couple Martin.

So these brave men lived for several years. Lynn has a blog, which describes his adventures with her husband. Of course, this way of life is not for everyone, but the couple Martin convinced that only such an attitude to life makes it feel really happy and free! And could you live the way they are, as a young, full of strength and energy? Tell us about these desperate older travelers your friends.

www.mann-ivanov-ferber.ru/books/moj_adres_ne_dom_i_ne_ulica/

Tags

See also

New and interesting