When you do not compare, all the insignificance and the greatness disappears

One samurai, very arrogant warrior, came one day to the Zen master. Samurai was very noble, but looking at the Master, seeing the beauty of the Master, the charm point, suddenly felt somehow insignificant.

He said to the Master:
- Why do I feel their insignificance? Mig ago all was well. As soon as I walked in on your yard, I fell. Had never felt that. Many times I have seen death face to face and never felt fear. Why am I scared?

The Master said:
- Wait. I will answer when everyone leaves.
People came to visit the master all day and tired of waiting samurai. In the evening, when the room was empty, the samurai asked:
- Now you can answer me?
- Get out.
It was a full moon, and the moon was rising over the horizon. The Master said:
- Look at the trees, at this high up to the sky and it is small next to him. They both grow in front of my window for many years, but they do not have any problems. This small tree never says more: "Why do I feel humiliated in front of you?" This is a small tree, and then so much why I never heard them murmur?

Samurai thought and replied:
- Because they can not compare.
- You see, you do not need to ask me. You know the answer.

When you do not compare all the pettiness and greatness disappears. You are, you are just here. Small shrub or large tree - it does not matter. You are the self. Leaves of Grass is also required, as the biggest star. This voice of the cuckoo as great as any Buddha: the world would be less rich, if the cuckoo was gone. Look around you. Everything you need, all well together. It is an organic unity, no higher and no lower, no one is more important, no more insignificant.
All incomparably unique and necessary. This religion of awareness.

Tags

See also

New and interesting