Box without sweets

A box of chocolates without
I sit at home, mending primus: system units decommissioned something workers assemble. There comes a neighbor from the first floor - the computer something wrong. Laptop daughter took to study and stationary brakes terribly old. I went down. The patient - the old man with AMD 2400+ 462 th socket and 512 MB of RAM. It is clear that it is necessary to change the entire computer - even the flash player does not pull. Was indignant: "How is it - a computer? You said that only obsolete this box. " Explains that "the box" - it is the computer, rather - the system unit. It seems to understand.

Offer for a modest fee something b / y with some E2160 and 2GB of DDR2 on board. B / y does not want a new wants, but possibly less. Well - it is reasonable. I offer for 200 euros in the old building to collect from the new "lower end". It seems to agree, but wants to look around the shops. If there is nothing to find, then to me. I was even better then shines a little broth, and one care less.
A couple of days later, I meet a neighbor with a huge box. That said, for the 139, 90 had bought, and I wanted to 200. I think to myself that explicitly b / y shoved for even obsolete "new" deposits sold more expensive. Aloud to congratulate the lucky find, and go about their business.

In the evening, the doorbell rang. Neighbor. Come, they say, can not connect, kind of like something is missing. Beru adapter DVI → VGA (the first thing that arrives in your head), go down. Well, not enough. As a minimum, motherboard.

Interrogation revealed that our beauty went into the shop and said she "need a computer, but not the computer, but only a box." In the follow-up question: "Case?" He answered in the affirmative ("You Is not it called the? Oh, the system unit? So you're saying that this is the same thing ..."). The seller offered her a case of 20, but she refused: "He's probably not very good, if a cheaper?" Then the salesman pointed to this.

Explain the difference between a computer-system unit and case body. I advise you to talk with the seller - may be able to return. She does not want. Uncomfortable, they say, and like body. The body is really good, and with a decent power supply. Still, for the money!

Sitting, mending primus: in case of 140 euros install components to 200. That explains the subtleties of terminology, the user! A little guilty not stay.
East

Tags

See also

New and interesting