The big idea for a small computer desk

I would like to make a modest contribution to this topic DIY computer tables. Over the past year I have been actively monitors the market in search of a suitable my requirements - not found. Only one way out - make your own. A requirement for me, by the way, is quite a mediocre ... More story about the computer desk of my dreams.

But before we move on to the point, tell you what's so special I needed from the table, which I have never been able to find.
Potorchat love the computer, play with toys. Powerful computers - a lot of space. But in a small apartment, where I live, it is difficult on an ongoing basis to find a place where I will not be prevented or me someone did not prevent (especially when there is a child). Therefore, it is important to be able move the table with the computer as part of the apartment (for example, from the room to the kitchen - night back - during the day, and other scenarios). Gaming laptops I've been rejected because it is expensive, much less productive, deprives fun upgrade opportunities to delve into the computer, and in general I think that the working / favorite place in the apartment of a man should be, even mobile.

Thus was born the first requirement to the table - mobility
All searches in this section are given mainly to the same result: the table is small, awkward, ugly.

So there was still a few requirements: it must be at least 80 cm in width, ie, handy , with the ability to stretch my legs (without there shelves and stuff) and enough nice
Basically, at this stage, I realized that my requirements almost mutually exclusive - a beautiful, comfortable and immobile or mobile, small and uncomfortable.

I found a temporary compromise in the table Bureaucrat DL-083. The design is so-so, but it's the best I could find, given the requirements. Instead of the standard legs easily screwed wheels, and a table with its dimensions acquires the ability to move.
Here are a few photos with different usage scenarios:

UPS had to be put on the table for the monitor, which is not good because it a couple of times spilotiroval on the floor, but you can move, even without turning off the computer, a kind of laptop is overgrown. There were design flaws: metal frame did not allow myself to push the monitor away, and 27 inches at all barely climbed. Plus had a little upgrade to climb into the 60-centimeter door.

Very quickly I realized that the shaky structure of the table is not particularly suited to travel: the computer itself about 40 kg, plus any small things on the upper shelves makes the table a sail that move it becomes scary. After a little more time it was discovered that the place screwing the wheel too hard to bear all this and bend in different directions under the weight of my ideas. However, more than six months, he successfully served me in the script apartment nomad and does not fall apart.

So I slowly approached the idea that what I need, I can only make myself. Climb the DIY-forums Habrahabr, see what people are doing for their computers, whether shared my anxiety and dreams. I saw a lot of good and different tables (not for me to assess them) and I realized that you have to reinvent the wheel from the start. There were, however, very interesting tables, but not the same. Favorite, of course, is the article Office of Boomburum - very cool solution, but, after weighing the possibilities and requirements, decided that it was too not my option, and finalized everything that I need from a computer desk dream:

Mobile; convenient; anything extra (no ext. Shelves and levels); a keyboard tray should be at least 84 See to it can comfortably accommodate a large keyboard with an additional unit and a large comfortable mouse pad; height, instead of allowing Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard; no particle board (crumble when moving); a minimum of metal (solid durable design will look ugly, as an example nonmassive design I already had) ; with an interesting design that blends into the home environment; with the ability to accommodate a system block size Full Tower up to 600 mm in height (so that after the next upgrade was not necessary to make a new table ); depth of about 60 cm (optimal size for convenience and not to get stuck in my kitchen door); a separate hidden niche for UPS.
 Here, perhaps, is all. On the tree I like to work, so in simple terms - I decided zamorochitsya.
Such a project without preparation contrive not want to, so began to learn what programs exist for the design of furniture. The search for the same DIY-forums led me to the program Google SketchUp. Very easy to learn program and after a few lessons gives a feeling of omnipotence. Searching inspiration for various design and professional websites, I painted here is:

Long admired him, showing family and friends, dorisovyvat small things, modified the design. It was a long time before I decided to go directly to the realization of the idea. Despite my desire to make a table with his hands, I weigh the "pros" and "cons", I thought that their own hands to screw up the project of your dreams I would not like (a lot of the exact size, which you can not miss), it was decided to ask for help, and partly to give realization to autsor your friends who are involved in the production of furniture. After talking with the master, found a weak spot: it was necessary to enhance the strength of the structure. Therefore, due to the extended rear wall and the left vertical panel frame created additional rigidity. At the same time a little more refined the design, size and design (correct size only on the first picture). It turned out here:

Well, as the curtain fell, I tried to do a couple of rendered images:

At the moment, the purchased material was immersed in the process, the other day plan to start production in the table. I will do the intermediate pictures and the result will definitely be back at the end of September. I will be glad comments and ideas for improvement, as while there is still an opportunity to make small changes to the project. And I would like to find out, I have a like-minded people or is it my requirements - a "special" case?

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/235295/

Tags

See also

New and interesting