Why not prepare baked dishes with mayonnaise

Traditionally mayonnaise is perhaps the main dressing gratin dish. In the continuation of the post - a unique culinary experiment that will demonstrate the senselessness you use mayonnaise;) Read the continuation of the post and cook delicious!

The theoretical part
First, a little theory. Mayonnaise is home and industry.
Home-made mayonnaise, we cook with love and affection, making the emulsion raw egg yolks, olive oil, mustard, vinegar or lemon juice. Emulsion - a piece of instability, at the slightest chihe it splits into its constituent components. Why should I cast over so that all the ingredients are mixed into a smooth emulsion, then to get exfoliated by heating the butter and egg yolks that have started to prepare and turned into flakes? So cooking is not considered as a real mayonnaise sauce for baking.

Industrial mayonnaise for economic reasons does not contain egg yolks, but it just is a emulsion. This emulsion due to lack of proper mustard and raw egg yolks (natural stabilizers) is very unstable, and industrial Mayo except oil and water must contain various additives: stabilizers, emulsifying agents (lecithin, sorbitol, vinegar), preservatives (sodium benzoate). So when heated it should not fall apart so on components as natural mayonnaise, which is egg flakes.

The practical part
To: Three cups mayonnaise industry, thick cream and béchamel. Click to see closer.

I send them together in the microwave for 4 minutes at maximum power.
After: the glasses in the same way, click to enlarge. Clearly stinks boiled vinegar (hello mayonnaise).

Let's look at the consistency of these sauces:
1. Mayonnaise. Flowed oil, the remainder of the adhesive and plastic. Clearly stinks boiled fat and vinegar. It tastes disgusting.
2. Sour. Lounging on the flakes, let a lot of water. It tastes like vyalenko curds.
3. bechamel. No change, except that became a little thicker. The taste is the same.

My conclusion is this:
- Industrial mayonnaise - down in general or for baking or so there will not be. I better prepare homemade mayonnaise.
- Do not boil the cream, use for baking will not - it will not get sour.
- Bechamel gratin good as cream.
Therefore, in the classical kitchen mayonnaise and estimates are used only as cold sauces, and used for baking bechamel and the company. By the way, bechamel is simply irreplaceable for lasagna, there it must be a whole bucket.
And you, ladies and gentlemen, the conclusions for yourself do it yourself) You may continue to bake with mayonnaise, you will not condemn even praise.

Tags

See also

New and interesting