Fashion insiders share the secrets of successful career (part 2)

Continuing the theme of successful fashion-insider, a few ideas on how to start your career in the fashion industry.

Rebecca Minkoff, designer

We are now familiar with Rebecca, thanks to her talent and amazing quality bags. Even in the age of 8 for the first time, Rebecca sat at a sewing machine and make my first dress.

I was attracted to something more than just clothes. I liked to invent, reinvent. My head has always been a place of huge number of creative ideas. I loved finding unusual things in vintage shops. Feeling creative freedom led me to what I'm doing now.

Eddie Borgo jewelry designer

I studied history of art, I have always been attracted to the imperfect form, line, characteristic of objects of art and architecture meet. In 2002 I did my first steps in the fashion industry. It started with cooperation with stylists for whom I have created unique jewelry. A couple of years later, in 2008, I was offered to work on a collection of jewelry for the spring-summer show brand 3.1 Phillip Lim. I think it was a life-changing event, and I decided on its own line.

Matthew Byers, the publisher

It is difficult to pinpoint the time when I was determined to do fashion. Yes, since childhood I was attracted to glossy magazines. I could spend hours flipping them, sit in front of TV in anticipation of Fashion File. Even in college he studied with interest the latest issue of the newspaper WWD (Women's Wear Daily), and I think this was the turning point in my life. I drew PR. Still, I will not hide, I have always been fascinated by shopping. Constantly updated, following the fashion trends. This feeling I care about so far. It looks like it's in my blood. So I chose the right direction!

Timo Veiland, creative director

You will not believe, but the sincere love of fashion, I opened a banking analyst at being one of the leading banks in Germany. I always looked at with interest Photo Street-style chronicle. It so happens that many of those fashion folks are now my friends. So I started a company that provides consulting services to shops and start a project. The main directions - development, positioning, literate PR. I met two wonderful people who later became my partner - Alan Eckstein and Donna Kang. Together we have developed a universal formula in order to transform the street clothes. And in 2010, we have successfully launched a collection for men and women, together with the largest US department store Barney's. Since then, we develop together.

Tags

See also

New and interesting