Feedback on locomotive

Will be 22 photos and text. Please do not interrupt. Just say the author is not, I will point out in the end. Let's go:
Engine: diesel, 2 * 3609l.s.

Good day to all!
I like to read reviews in this division you learn a lot of new and interesting things about the technique, which is likely to never happen to ride, touch, etc ... In general, it is interesting, I represent to your attention - Bulk two-section locomotive 2TE116-U intended for freight traffic.
I'll try to talk about it because that would be clear-the ordinary man in the street, so that the fellow railwaymen not much kick.
Itak- locomotive two-section, both remote control of one of the sections with 2 remote controls in the cockpit working. Each section can be used separately in the cargo, commercial, passenger, etc. movement.
To begin with, the principle of operation of any locomotive. Diesel spins the main generator, it produces an alternating current in the rectifier unit, and a constant current is fed to the traction motors located at each wheel pair ... the wheels spun train went.
Diesel.
Diesel generator 18-9DG. V-shaped, 16-cylinder, 4-stroke, turbocharged and charge air cooler, 2 contour cooling system with a capacity of 3609 hp Oils- Weight 1250 kg, 1250 kg-water.
Cooling System 2 contour, with two pumps, the mine has a refrigerator with 4 motor fans.
The fuel system consists of a tank capacity of 7860 liters, fuel assembly which is used to start the diesel engine (can be used as an emergency fuel pump), FGOT, FTOT, 16 injection pump and injectors, as well as the mechanical fuel pump that comes into operation after the launch of the diesel engine ...
You can talk a long time about it, if someone is interested in some moments, I tell in the supplements.
Vehicle-part.
Short-diesel and all other equipment is mounted on the frame. The frame is in turn connected with the frames 2 trolleys. In each set of 3 trolley wheel-motor unit. Total for each section of the locomotive two carts, six traction motors ...
The locomotive is equipped with the MSU-TA-system microprocessor control, management and diagnostics. That is, everything from the control starting and stopping of diesel engine to display the fault messages and deviations in the main and auxiliary equipment, everything is managed and controlled by a computer. There is the possibility of not getting up from his chair to diagnose many of the systems and equipment of the locomotive ...
Cab control.
What can I say, compared with what it was before is just a thrill.
A large cabin, comfortable seats, frontal and side windows heated mirrors with heating and electric adjustments, climate control ... What is air conditioning in the heat-understand only locomotive crews.
LED Backlight table and control devices ... actually a lot less tired for the trip.
The maximum weight of the train stations in our service 6300-ton locomotive that is not straining with the weight overcomes any lifts in the area.
Job machinist interesting, does not give dumbed down, constantly need to "keep a finger on the pulse." Many instructions, orders that are constantly changing, exams, interviews, education, training, etc. Going from one type of movement to another, for example from the cargo to a passenger, you begin to study passenger locomotives. We have this TEP-70, Y, BS ... In passenger traffic nuances, pros and cons. What I like is there drayverskogo riding, other brakes and speed.
In general the work is not dusty, vacation 58 days, which I divide into 2 parts, a total of 2 times a year for a month, the possibility to retire at age 50, and of the salary in the north of satisfied ... therefore has nowhere to twitch not hunting, and locomotives like) ))
This is a right-hand drive, frame, four-wheel drive, turbo diesel unit ...
How rushing?
Rushing like a locomotive. Really, when diesel goes to the rated speed, the turbine spins, the composition, such as barrels of oil starts to accelerate, feeling great ... at least for me. By slovu- with locomotives associated with childhood. His father worked as a machinist, relatives, friends of his father ... 8-9 years in the vacation was the most important event, go on a trip with his father ... dirty, bedraggled in fuel oil, but happy as an elephant, and if even "steer" will give a general impression of complete pants ... Soviet childhood computers did not exist ...

What eats?
This question is clearly not the answer. Depending on the weight and length composition, the number of sites, track profile, the ambient temperature, gasket for "wheel", etc. But since I always give the example with an oil composition, then we say well on my site some 300 kilometers to the train 6300t consumption of 3, 5 tons (both sections) Solarium is fine ...

About rekupiratsiyu on electric locomotives.
This locomotive, along with pneumatic and manual (handbrake in a car), there is an electric brake. Electric during EDT give electricity back to the contact wire, here ch.z. Brake resistors electricity is converted into heat and emitted to the atmosphere. The photo shows the blinds on the roof of the cab driver.
EDB-a good thing, of course not an exact comparison, but it's, like, how the type-tronics speed brake.

About the job.
This has already been written about in a review locomotives. But if someone comes to the interesting-its appearance, for which the undersigned, pass a medical examination, assistant pulse, blood pressure, Breathalyzer. We physicians too, all kompyuterezirovano. Can suspicious chuvachkov and test drugs to arrange, but we have it is no longer relevant.
Then, pass on a computer pretrip briefing hat-such, some multiple-choice questions. After duty at the depot said what gives us a wheelbarrow. Accept locomotive. Time for all operations strictly regulated-go late to the control is impossible, so it is usually arrive at work early.
I like, you know, first of all some coffee to drink slowly, and then deal with the acceptance. On acceptance assistant for metering fuel, oil, water, the presence of all and everything, ognetushitiley etc. etc. The driver usually inspects the undercarriage, then inserts a cassette recording (flash drive in USB)))) and has been checking crane driver, there is plenty of manipulation, options, etc. since the brakes, the most important thing in transport, traffic safety but ...
We leave the station is combined with composition brake vagonnikami will try and go ... rails, sleepers, traffic lights, sidings, stations, different landscapes, bridges, rivers, roads, torches Petroleum, Ramp, etc. Total not write. On arrival at the station change, we pass another locomotive brigade, Brigadier themselves go in the house. There rest, eat in the dining room, watching TV, sleeping, then back again in the same sequence, the turnout, the medical board, etc.
It does not sound romantic, but believe me, work from 8 to 5 every day, even sitting in his office, much more boring ... I know it's not on the train and naslyshke- by a youth went, and sat in the office, no, not for me.

About the rest.
The predecessor of this locomotive is 2TE116 in prostonarode- Fantomas. His photo is no-then somehow necessarily do. Best among classmates in the former Soviet Union.
Do not know- why many people (judging by the other reviews about Loki) concerned with the question about the toilet? He is, with a tank and a washbasin, but rarely use it. Almost never. Before the wind and you can go on the street. A trip should come prepared and not just shaved, washed, ironed and scented cologne ... in general as something for 15 years total experience no problems)))) But I'll go with the cargo-made photo)
About temperature sensors on the valve boxes, diesel exhaust is measured t, you can see on the monitor.

Photo3

Photo4

Photo 5

Photo 6

Photo 7:
The starter-generator. In the starter starts the diesel engine, a generator supplies the needs of consumers own locomotive.

Photo 8:
Fuel pump and FGOT

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting