The smartest marketers in the world. Learning from Amazon (continued)

We continue to study the experience of giant e-commerce store Amazon здесь. And, as promised, we publish the continuation.

6 boosts sales letter i>

In 2013, Americans spent $ 55 billion on food for their pets. Of course, thanks to my purchase history, Amazon identifies me as a person who has a pet, and expect that I will spend money on your dog.
I love this letter, because it is absolutely sincere. In essence, it says to me: "You know what you need things for your dog, and you can, among other things, to save this».

We can not be in survival mode. We should be in growth mode blockquote> Jeff Bezos

Clearly visible, bright button leaves no doubt as to what to do next. For this button stretches of sea products for pets. Everything - from food and containers carrying up to leashes and toys. This is the case when the recipient does not need a lot of time to read the letter. The whole point of the button, the message need only to her focused.

7 Letter on the occasion of the sale (Black Friday) i>

Most of the letters that we are watched, were either business or a very personal nature (here - that, как right to give the character a personal appeal letters ). This connection is characterized due to the fact that:

1) Almost everyone who is associated with e-commerce, sent a letter on the occasion of the sale.
2) Amazon, most likely, it will send the same message to each client.

It is interesting that in this template contains a minimum of information. There is not even using complete sentences. All you need to know:
• Sale of approaching!
• We have special promotions!
• Take a look at them here!
Done!

The only distraction here - advertising premium subscription Amazon, which contains some information. If during the holidays you intend to be purchased on the Internet, you need to profit presents to you on time. Premium Subscription guarantees that this will happen, so it is quite logical - set here призыв to action , so that buyers know about it as much as possible.

At all times, keep a clear understanding of the obvious blockquote> Jeff Bezos

For fun, I clicked on the letter. After that, I began to see different kinds of advertising in its newswire on Facebook. Black Friday - this is an important event, which last year consumers spent $ 59 billion. Amazon goes for broke!

Letter 8 reviews i>

What do you see first when thinking about buying goods on Amazon? Of course, this feedback.
Social proof - this is not a new concept, but Amazon is the first company that puts a priority and evaluates it. Every time someone makes a purchase, the site asks the client to оставить a review . The latter, in turn, helps other buyers to shop wisely. All this improves customer service.
Note that Amazon is very specific in what kind of review he needs. "How came you this size?"

Simply pressing the desired feedback automatically adds information on the product page:

The user is redirected to the page where he can leave your own review or expose a five-star rating scale. Amazon, thanks to the help of people to each other, able to appreciate the process and benefit as a mediator (by the way, we have translated an article about how to act on the feedback conversion).
A nice addition to all of this is funny reviews that leave some people. Amazon in fact their tracks and publishes the most ridiculous.

It's a win-win.

9 Letter browsing history i>

Of course, there are downsides to all this information. For example, when you surrender to temptation and looking in to dress your dog for Halloween, soon you will definitely be reminded about this in the letter.

I never thought that someone asks me, "Are you looking for something specific in our department Costume for animals?»
Did you know that you can dress your dog in a pumpkin, a peacock or killer whale? This letter is simply stunning decision as entertainment, but, in addition, it is based on the data collected (on how to not only collect data, but выстраивать long-term communication with the client - here). I really picked up costume for your dog on the occasion of Halloween. As evidence of the fact that I will most likely be interested in the things presented here, they took my number of search queries on the subject. The offer came at the right time - I expressed some interest in the product, but have not yet managed to make his purchase.

If you do not want to be criticized, for heaven's sake, do not do anything new. Blockquote> Jeff Bezos

Please note that Amazon avoids the use of these templates as a "Buy Now" and "Add to cart". Buttons on the site in no way to put pressure on the buyer. The main idea - to help people take the next step and not to conclude a deal at the same hour by e-mail.

By itself, Amazon sends far more letters than the 9 pieces that we have considered here. It is hoped that this review will give you an idea of ​​the approach to the work of this company. Using the information that you already have, you can significantly increase sales, the degree of interaction, the number of page views or any other rate.

Success and high conversion!

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/witget/blog/236645/

Tags

See also

New and interesting