Anti Mail.ru

I was always opposed to Mail.ru, but recently working in the field of IT - simply hated.
Mistimed very interesting in my opinion article about the dangers that brings some products Mail.ru.
In fact, the theme is very important, at least as they say - forewarned is forearmed.

We all know that there are programs with the modest title, such as "Yandeks.Zaschitnik» and «Guard@Mail.Ru». And if the first is not so cardinal in his work, after you install the second program (its installation is usually carried out without the consent and knowledge of the user), you will either have to strictly use only the online services that you will be "offered" by the application or spend own resources for the decontamination of the software.

Where are the roots of the problem?
This all can be found on the website of the above Mail.Ru.
For example, at sputnik.mail.ru/partner placed offers soft-hosts, vendors, software developers, etc., that they are of a certain 'share of benefits "helped to spread such a" friendly "user interface element as SputnikMail.Ru.

Already this fact makes you wonder why this administration Mail.Ru with such great enthusiasm tends to reward all those who help us in distributing this product, if thereof so good and easy to use? Is not everyone can install it on their own by downloading the installer from the official website of the company Mail.Ru? Why do we need such drastic measures?

The answer to this question is very simple - it really is not so good, and this product. The installation process SputnikMail.Ru also includes the installation on the computer program Guard@Mail.Ru. The program will be installed without your knowledge or explicit consent to do so by the user, "reserve" their own services, and will start with the operating system automatically.

What is the program Guard@Mail.Ru?
After my search, the official response from the representatives of Mail.Ru this question I did not get. But long experience in the computer field could not remain silent. What is the actual action programs Guard@Mail.Ru?

Explain. After installation (or during installation, depending on the version of the installer) to a computer the fact of obtaining unauthorized access to the data. More precisely, the basic functionality of the program is to damage the Internet browser user preferences. Thus (it is at least on the browsers IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera): the search will default search Mail.ru (Mail.Ru also will be set as the search address bar that can not be corrected using the browser interface), added 3 tabs on services Mail.ru, make it impossible to view extensions in Firefox Remove Mail.Ru panel interface with all browsers, it is not a complete list of the destructive consequences of such interventions (detailed information can be found: How does Guard.mail.ru) . In short, all the action "set of programs Guard@Mail.Ru + SputnikMail.Ru" reduced to a dirty advertising services companies Mail.Ru and make it impossible to use alternative services from other companies. Impossible - in the literal sense of the word, n-d: after installation Guard@Mail.Ru, by means thereof, the program will be removed from the browser panel on the Yandex (if any) in the IE browser search Bing, unbeknownst to the user is replaced in the search from Mail.Ru. In the latter case, trite perehvachivayutsya and replaced all requests for search queries on Bing search Mail.Ru. Incidentally, I wonder how this will put to Microsoft, when they find out.

What are the pathways of the spyware software?
As I wrote earlier in this article, in most cases Guard@Mail.Ru SputnikMail.Ru and installed on your computer without the direct knowledge of the user when installing other software distributors who cooperate with Mail.Ru.

Also interesting is the case when another program - the browser from our "used all» Mail.Ru with the dubious title of "Internet" is trying to install on your computer directly from the Internet. That is, the installation is carried out, without prior download of the program installed on your computer and run it.

As you can guess, the installer was downloaded to your computer, in the folder of temporary files, resulting in the activation of a malicious script. We can only assume at some of its partner sites Mail.Ru located the script, and what would happen to the computer as a result of a successful attack.

What are the consequences?
I have to say, win Guard@Mail.Ru not so easy, and it is impossible to subject the use of standard tools, configuration management Windows. For this reason, people who do not have sufficient expertise in the field of IT and do not wish to use the services of professionals, that is - for most people, and have to do something on the Internet that says Mail.Ru. Since all I have known anti-virus programs do not have a case Guard@Mail.Ru. (Why? Long story.) Personally, I regard this as a deliberate and planned attack on the freedom of the Internet.

Before us, ladies and gentlemen - spyware software, which harms the system, more than many viruses, but for the creation and dissemination of which, the company Mail.Ru is beznakazuemoy.

Source

Posted in [mergetime] 1347342839 [/ mergetime]

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting