Barbara and the dog's life

I warn you once - under the cut - a gesture!

Comments renowned journalist and blogger network Another

Yesterday, an expert on Korea Andrei Lankov, which I always read with interest, again wrote to the sick for many of the topic of dog meat in the kitchen of South-East Asia and in particular South Korea. In the text of a long time, 2002 article, the author looks through his own attitude to the fact that in Korea continue to kill dogs for meat. And the attitude is, to my great regret, it is positive.

Certainly read the article, it is interesting. Entries Comments are disabled by the author, so I want to respond briefly at.

Andrei, I am very pleased that the new generation of Koreans, as you write, a negative attitude to eating dog meat. It is generally a simple matter. Do you want to be in the family of civilized nations - do not kill and eat a dog. This animal is domesticated thousands of years ago in order to help, and it was a friend, not a chop or a bowl of soup on the table. In order to maintain their power, people bred pigs, cows, sheep and eat them. I am sure that Koreans do not die of hunger, if no longer eat dogs. And they themselves are well aware. And for those who do not understand you need to explain it. References to the "local traditions" is not quite appropriate. If the Koreans have the custom to eat their own kind, would we talk about the traditions that need to save?

Of course, I could not do without illustrations to the topic.
I warn you, think a hundred times, if you want to see these pictures

Dog markets South Korea:

15 Fot © REUTERS

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting