Lake Baikal - in January!

Do not have time to calm down Christmas passion, and I packed a backpack, going to Lake Baikal. And on January 3 train sped me from the capital to the capital of Krasnoyarsk Territory Irkutsk Region ...

The city met me hardball frost.
Moreover - as we do in Krasnoyarsk cold amplified constant humidity - Irkutsk Hydroelectric Power Station as well as ours, posing behind a freezing wormwood ...
The result - a constant frosty mist.

However, the farther away from Irkutsk - the more sun.
In fact, paradoxically, the number of sunny days Baikal competes with Sochi!
In the photo - it is along the Angara I get to Listvyanka, standing on the shore of Lake Baikal

I came out of the bus - and I do not understand - where am I?
Near the feet beating wave. This bank of the Angara? And where is Lake Baikal, the ice that I was going to go to the other side of the lake?
 - It is not yet frozen Lake Baikal - the counter smiled veteran. - Maybe only in February the ice will rise ...

Yes, Baikal and was not going to freeze, to my great surprise. Only on the horizon with binoculars you could see something like sludge.
And underfoot incessantly roaring surf ...

Well, what - do not waste time, I went to the building of a huge aquarium, located in Listvyanka.
Here is almost the entire fauna of the Great Lakes - including seals

Here is a piece of wood still frozen in front of my camera ...

And now - up! Peak Cherskogo. Offering reckless expanse of Lake Baikal ...
In the picture, by the way, is clearly visible source of Angara - the only river flowing out of Lake Baikal.
If I am not mistaken, the word "Hangar" means "mouth". That's such a huge crevice through Baikal generously shares his water with the Yenisei ...

Where else in Russia you will find the name of the street, dedicated ... source of the river?

And this is - a view of the Khamar-Daban

Not far from the source can be seen the so-called "Shaman's Stone" - a place of worship of small nationalities inhabiting Baikal. Alas - after the construction of the Irkutsk hydroelectric it almost completely disappeared.

I spent at the lake one day.
Bought freshly smoked Baikal cisco visited astronomical observatory, enjoy a frosty expanse - and went home.
Conclusion - miracles are always with us. You just need to be able to see them.
Soon the next New Year holidays - Siberians God ordered at least one day to hit the road to Lake Baikal
Although, if desired, and Muscovites can get to it quickly ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting