Cairo metro

Another blogger visited Cairo and talks about his impressions about the subway in Cairo

14 ph

This station "University of Cairo." The first branch of Cairo Metro (red) was opened in 1987. Vicki wrote that the subway in Cairo - the only one in Africa completely rebuilt.

While Anton bought tickets (3 lbs each), I tried to take some pictures. Immediately ran up to me the girl in uniform and wail as if I promised to marry her, and promises not kept his. It turns out that in the Cairo metro can not be photographed. Well, that is generally impossible. For more convincing girl took me to three whiskered peasants, drinking tea in the office corner, and they confirmed that it is impossible to remove under penalty of death by one star accommodation in Cairo hotel. I promised I would, of course, that will not.

And then he did not keep his promise, photographed prayer mat in the lobby of the station.

We went to the platform to wait for the train. After a couple of local boys Anton began to let go of some jokes (probably on his shorts). I went after him and slapped one of the pranksters cuff edifying not to ride up to the seniors.

From where and who to go to Cairo subway decided simply: in the first two cars go only women, men closed the entrance there. Themselves aunt can go where they want, without limiting ourselves to two cars. This is called sexism.

Guys recoup something else: something they can walk in the heat in light clothing and ladies have to sweat in hijab and long dresses. However, in Cairo women go as they like (or, as it allows the father).

Metro - one of the rare places in Cairo, where you can not smoke. But you can lie on the bench.

In cars there is no advertising, but there is air conditioning - on top of the slits blowing cold. In a mobile phone guy who was sitting right played oriental music - loud, for all those present. No one objected and it looked quite organically.

This transition between the two lines. The entire length of the escalator was not enough, and before the start had to climb a small flight of stairs. People with disabilities are apparently not respected.

Inside the wagon advertising I did not notice, but the "branding" of the rolling stock meets.

Air conditioning - in new trains and old - that are fans all over the cars. Anton looks at the fan, and his aunt in front - on bare feet stranger. Anton, of course, zazhog with their shorts - they all stared Cairo population.

The windows were missing.

Clean, not crowded, no hint of the fact that the top of the noise, smells and diverse chadit huge city.

move the station Nasser, logo, garbage.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting