Sergey Sotnikov - hero of our time

Man in the photo name is Sergey Sotnikov.

He is head of the helipad "Izhma", once the former small airfield. Yes, the very Izhmy where not so long ago a miracle happened and Tu-154 made an emergency landing. Of course everyone knows that pilots, flight engineer, navigator and flight attendants awarded the President of Russia - the two commanders, the star of the Hero of Rosii, the rest of the Order of Courage. But it is not about them now speech. History Izhma airfield sad and apparently typical. It was opened in 1978 as a port ascribed airport Pechora (Pechora - the nearby district center in the Komi Republic). Time for aviation were gold: the road to Izhmu was not (that is, no, even the ground), and all were taken to the river or aircraft. In 1993, they built a road to the railway station, and the role of aviation has fallen sharply. And in 1997, becoming chief Sergei Sotnikov, airport, which at that time because razdolbaystva officials hung between two owners, dilapidated and order. A year later the airport was disbanded, now he was called a helipad, with flights two times a year (six weeks in spring and autumn). And all those 12 years, Sergei Sotnikov hoping for a revival of the small aircraft, the runway remained in order.

- I what? - It surprised Sotnikov. - I simply did not give Vzletka ride. In most horses, manure falls, dries, the wind picks up a helicopter - everything flies in the face. Disorder ... Or log fall, will lie, people still have thrown bottles ... For myself, in short, clean. To make it nice.

For the same reason Sotnikov twice cut down sprout in the joints between the slabs willow, did not give leave to Vzletka machines mushroom, excoriated fellow villager, chop firewood, and did put them on the tarmac ...

The same Tu-154 now stands near the helipad. As a reminder: the titanic work done was not in vain. Through the efforts of Sergei saved more than 70 lives. But the humble worker airlines do not like to be called a hero. And once again takes up the job ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting