Prisoner Afghanistan (25 photos)

Photographer Alexey Nikolaev wanted in Afghanistan of former Soviet soldiers who converted to Islam and refused to return to the USSR

Sergey (Nurmamadu) Krasnoperova 49 years. Born in Barrow, he served in Afghanistan for almost two years, but at the end of the period - in 1985 - left part because of the hazing, was captured Mujahideen, married, and after the withdrawal of Soviet troops stayed in an unnamed village 20 kilometers from Chaghcharan - the capital of Ghor province. By local standards Krasnopyorov - a successful wealthy man: he has two motorcycles and a car.

Sergei Krasnopyorov. Registration card from the archive of the Committee for the soldiers-internationalists.

Sergei Krasnopyorov: "I was born in Kurgan. I still remember his home address: Street Bazhov house 43. Caught in Afghanistan, and at the end of life, when I was 20 years old, went to dushmans. He left because he did not converged character with his colleagues. They are all united, I was all alone - I have offended, I could not answer. Although it did not bullying, because all of these guys have been with me from one call. I did, in general, and did not want to run, wanted only to those who make fun of me, punished. And the commanders did not care. I did not even have weapons, but it would be immediately killed them. But the spirits who were close to our side, I took ».

2. Sergey motorbike returns from Chaghcharan in his village

Sergei Krasnopyorov: "True, did not immediately took - 20 days I was locked up in some small room, but it was not a prison, even though the doors were guards. At night, shackled, and a day shooting - even if you find yourself in the valley, still do not understand where to go next. Then came the commander of the mujahideen, who said that if I did come, and then he can go, and shackles, I do not need guards. Although part of me would still be unlikely to come back - I think that I would be immediately shot. Most likely, their commander because I felt ».

3. Lunch in the brigade workers, installers, which runs concurrently Sergei.
Its principal place of business - small local hydropower plant, where Krasnopyorov responsible for electrical engineering.

Sergei Krasnopyorov: "The first three or four months I have not spoken in Afghanistan, and then gradually began to understand each other. The Mujahideen constantly walking the mullahs, we started talking, and I realized that, in fact, God is one, just Jesus and Muhammad - the messengers of different faiths. Mujahideen I did nothing - sometimes helped with the repair of machines. Then I was assigned to a single commander who fought with other tribes, but it soon was killed. Against the Soviet soldiers I fought - only clean weapons, especially from the area where I was, the troops withdrew rather quickly ».

4. Brigade Sergei mounts a line about the production of crushed stone in the quarry near Chaghcharan

Sergei Krasnopyorov "Mujahideen realized that if I were to marry, then I'll stay with them. And so it happened. He married a year later, then took off with me at all supervision, before one will not start up. But I still did nothing, had to survive - had several of some deadly disease do not even know what ».

5. Sergei on his way home from work

Boy on a fence at home, Chaghcharan.

Women with shopping bags near a stone quarry, which employs a team of Sergei.

Chaghcharan considered a restless place. Near the town is the base International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), over him constantly circling helicopters.

Sergei Krasnopyorov: "I have six children. There was more, but many died. They're all I have blond, almost Slavic. However, the wife is the same. Now documents are collected, brought to Kabul to get a passport. First I get it, but we'll see - if you have money, then I will go (home - RP). My mother is already very old, I sometimes call her, and once she even arrived. He had a brother, but he was killed in a drunken brawl - pushed, and he hit his head on the asphalt. Here revenge for the blood of the blood, and in Russia there is no such laws ».

9. Sergei Krasnopyorov children

Sergei Krasnopyorov: "Once the Americans withdraw completely, it would be better. I am now helping the Ukrainians (military contingent from ISAF- RP), there still Georgians. Lithuanians have, however, do not like ... I did consider myself a Russian, and as before in the USSR? Everyone is equal! The Americans believe that in addition to all of them second-class citizens. Even negros for them better than the Afghans. I would not wish anyone to be in my place ».

Sergei Krasnopyorov: "I want to buy a plot in the town. I earn $ 1, 2 thousand a month, the money is not paid to fools. Governor, and I promised to help my boss, standing in the queue. The state price is low - one thousand dollars, and then you can sell thousands six. Advantageously, if you still want to leave. As Russia now say - this is a business ».

Hotel room in Chaghcharan.

Village in which he lives Krasnopyorov.

Bookstore in Chaghcharan. There is no secular literature.

Butchering sheep Chaghcharan.

Preparation of kebab, Chaghcharan.

Dining table at home Krasnoperova. Bread for the local custom is served first.

The road from the village in Chaghcharan.

Krasnopyorov and the deputy chief of police of Chaghcharan, accompanied (at the head of security) photographer on the road to the village where he lives, Sergei. Navigate alone in these places safe.

Residents of the village came out of the house to look at the newcomers.

A worker on the roof of the hotel. Chaghcharan.

Security allocated Alexei Nikolayev in Chaghcharan.

Chaghcharan.

View from the hotel window, Chaghcharan.

The man on the roof of the store - keeper: all the places in the city carefully ohranyayutsya.Chagcharan.

Photo: Alexey Nikolaev "Russian planet"

Tags

See also

New and interesting