Wealthy fists

Photographer Holger Kayfel (Holger Keifel) for eight years shooting the best boxers of the planet.

14 photos + a bit of quotations. Taken from here.

01.Dzheremi Williams
"Professional boxing - it's not the most pleasant thing in the world to do. First you fuss a few years to get noticed. Then - to get to a title fight. Then another half a year to get out of the room. And in the end you find out that you have no living space, but you must at the same time all the money. "

Bernard Hopkins
"In my youth I was a rare bastard. Usually I just bully people, that is enough. For example, I saw someone with a chain around his neck. I went up to him and say: "Good chain. You can see? See, see? Come here, ma & s yours! 'I had such a reputation that with me prefer not to get involved, and all gave. Production was fine, but a lot of adrenaline - somehow I just pinned the nine tsepochek.Odin guy stabbed me with a knife light. I have no idea why. I then did so much shit that I do not remember what exactly it hurt. As soon as you get into prison as thence sharks begin to expect that you're somehow betray your own. I was 17. I saw a guy stabbed sharpening of a pack of cigarettes. I saw how people nasi & comfort. The shower could not go naked, I had to take a shower in his underpants. When you have just been arrested, do not you think about anyone but yourself. Then you start to think about the people who have failed, his mother. But the main thing - is when you reach to that person whom you robbed, also a man, too, somebody's son. In prison, I realized that to be cool, do not have to be a scoundrel. Now I find it funny when the opponent is trying to intimidate me before the fight. He puchit eyes, and I think, 'Man, I spent five years there, where no one plays a staring before slaughter man. " Always scary to see how hefty guy after you blow writhing on the floor. I do not understand how anyone can admire the knockout. "

03. Manny Pacquiao
"When I started, the coach said that my job in the ring - hit earlier and harder than your opponent. By and large, this is the most intelligent of all that I told the coaches. "

Michael Oladzhayd
"Fighting is necessary only when you are ready to break the world. If you feel it, you and one eye enough to see the enemy and put him. And if you do not have it anymore, you have to go to while you threw the others. "

Nikolai Valuev
"I have a life principles. Roughly I say, I would not want to have me. If, due to these principles, I do not get some money - well, I'm not upset. "

Floyd Mayweather Jr.
"I know that I am the best boxer in the world. If anyone thinks otherwise, he has to prove it. And I have nothing more to prove. To box no more difficult than to dance. The truth is, most people can neither one nor the other. Once Jim Lempli with HBO said that for me to fight the main thing - not to spoil my beautiful face. I thought, damn it, and after all it is! I could never understand why pay for the right to see how others are fighting. But if people are willing to give their money - let them give it to me. "

Lennox Lewis
"Sun Tzu wrote that the best win - is the one that won without a fight. I understand it this way: I go into the ring, I look into the eyes of the enemy, and I see that he has lost, he does not think about winning, but about how to escape from a knockout. A couple of times I managed this. "

Wladimir Klitschko
"The most wonderful feeling - this is when you know exactly what your opponent does now, and gently leads him to error. If the right combination to play, then you win. Net chess. "

Michael Buffer
"I started when all the names in boxing were English, Italian or Mexican. Then came the Puerto Ricans, Filipinos, Russian. And for me it was no problem - sing "Kliiiiiichko!" Or "Pa-and-a-Qiao!" Can be. But if there will be champions in boxing with Vietnamese or Thai names, I'm gone. Here's how to stretch the name Tae? »

James Toney
"You should never try to be retained in the weight category, which has grown. It is better to enter the ring against a guy who you twice as much to suffer because sgonki weight. No one understands the boxers. Even the coaches. All those who surround us, do not think like us. I have always tried to rob. Any moron with a diploma at the sight of a healthy black guy with money think that I can to sell to its services at double the price. Ring - this is the only place where there is still the rule. They were constantly violated, but they are. We all know that Tyson was the best. Holyfield beat Tyson, I beat Holyfield. This means that I am the best heavyweight. I decided to retire from boxing to mixed martial arts, not because there is more money or not doping control. The main thing - there is no Don King and people like him. The MMA has its own promoters, but compared to those that stuck to boxing, it's just kids. "

Evander Holyfield
"I was never interested in weight guys who boxed. Most of my opponents were much heavier than me. And many found themselves on the floor. You can not knock a boxer who does not make mistakes. I - just can not be. Truly, I was knocked out only once, 15 years ago. It was only on his own stupidity. The first time I fought for the title in 17 years. At 27 I beat Tyson. The 46 judges stole my win over Valuev. At 48, I became a champion again. I do not understand why I have to finish. "

Roy Jones Jr.
"Some people think that to win in boxing have to be a stronger opponent. This is nonsense. You just have to be a little faster. The easiest way to box a guy that you are much bigger and heavier. If you try it in you just can not get there. And the audience and the judges in such fights will always be for you. If you go into the ring to the audience, you have to fight pretty. No one is interested in knowing who is stronger - I am unfamiliar to me or the guy in the other corner. Everyone wants to see the show. "

Arturo Gatti
"I often say that I do not know how to box, but I can only be chopped. I do not understand this. Boxing - no fencing. If you fall - should get in return. And it is better to get there a few times. I can knock out, but I still get up and give delivery »...

14 (final) Don King
"Any promoter can promise you a million. Any decent promoter promised you three million, and keep his word. Don King promised you ten million, five steals from them, but you still remain in the black. " (Larry Holmes, the world champion in 1978-1985.)

Source: http: //

Tags

See also

New and interesting