"Atomic" mine

Object "Cleavage" - an underground nuclear explosion capacity of 0, 2-0, 3 Km of TNT, which was carried out on the territory of the Ukrainian SSR in the east wing of the mine "Yunkom" (g Yunokomunarivsk, Yenakiyevo city council PA "Ordzhonikidzeugol") at a depth of 903 m between the coal seams «Nine» (l4) and «Brick» (l21) September 16, 1979 at 9 am (GMT) [1] [2]. The purpose of the explosion - reducing stress in the rock mass, which eventually had to increase the safety of mining coal seams.

Prior to 1979, the mine "Yunkom" was highest in the Central Donbass frequency emissions of coal and rock associated with the state of rock caused by the influence of the North Yunkomovskogo, Brunvaldskogo thrusts and other (42% of the beds, which were developed at the mine "Yunkom" were in the zone of tectonic disturbances ) .Vzryv was made at a depth of 800 meters. As a result of a nuclear explosion occurred cavity radius of 5.6 m, which was formed around the crumple zone and the crushing radius of 20-25 m. The level of radioactivity in the mine workings and mine waters during the observation period 1979-2000 was at background levels. After the explosion, a decrease rate of emission of coal and rock. During 1980-1985 years on the horizon 826 m, is located 77 meters above the level of the charging chamber, ended production of coalbed "Mazur" and "Nine».

11 ph via nuclearno.ru

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting