Ostrava - city of miners and metallurgists (55 photos)

Ostrava - city in the northeast of the Czech Republic, which is located at the confluence of the Ostravice, Oder and Opava. The city has seven hundred years of history, which is closely connected with the extraction of coal, making the city look like a single large industrial production. Today, along with the author, we will go to the coal mine named Michal and to the territory of the metallurgical plant. See below.

Coal mine "Michael" was founded by the Austrians in the mid-nineteenth century, when Michálkovice (now the Ostrava region) started the development of two mining shafts. Initially it was called "Mihalkovitskaya pit №3», later it was given the name in honor of Michal royal court adviser Michaela Lyer. The former type of mine acquired in 1915.

Tour of the complex is arranged very well: visitors are on the miner's workaday route, starting from the gate and finishing lift.

Main entrance.

Each miner had a personal tag number (like the military). More precisely, there were two tags - one surrenders before descending into the earth. Thus it was possible to determine who is currently in the mine, and in case of accidents (which were not uncommon) to identify the identity of the deceased.

At the entrance to the miner received two marks for food. And he went into the locker room.

The huge hall hung with clothing - the so-called chain locker.

Brigade shower.

Forbidden to enter the shower in a miner's overalls?

In areas pithead. Classrooms:

Pencil sharpener.

We went to the dining room, which has already been poured mining drink.

At the lamp.

Batteries for flashlights.

In the past, the mine was owned banker Rothschild family.

Our guide through the territory of the area.

The car body with preserved electrical equipment and compressors.

Trolleys.

It produces descent and ascent of the miners.

42-meter mine kopёr.

The mine was closed in 1994, declared a national park of culture and is listed in the Czech Republic to the addition of the world cultural heritage of UNESCO.

In the Ostrava region, if I'm not mistaken, it was located over two hundred coal mines. In addition to the mine "Michael" to the life of the miners can be found in Landek park (Landek park).

This industrial park is "Yama Edward" (the name of the shaft).

Miners longtime visitors descend into the ground 5 meters and talk about heavy everyday life.

Another interesting place in Ostrava - the former metallurgical factory, the area which is now under construction.

Once there was very lively, and are here to create a modern technical, scientific and art center U6, which is scheduled for completion by 2016.

In the blast furnace.

In interactive technical museum at the site:

Inside Nautilus.

A few photos of the review:

The city of Ostrava and the Moravian-Silesian Region - a great place c dozens of interesting technical sights. I recommended to fans of industrial music.

Source: gavailer.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting