The beauty of the salt mines (31 photos)

In this collection are pictures of salt mines around the world, over the water and under the ground.
Salt creates amazing scenery, caves, and the whole lake.
Many places even have become very popular among tourists.

1. One of the colorful salt basins in Uyuni salt lake, which is part of a pilot plant of lithium salts, located at an altitude of 3656 meters above sea level, which owns the world's largest reserves of lithium, in the southwest of Bolivia, November 5, 2012 (Reuters / David Mercado)

2. Aerial view of the pool salt and technological areas Soquimich lithium mine in the Atacama salt plateau, the second largest salt plateau in the world, the Atacama Desert in northern Chile, January 10, 2013 (Reuters / Ivan Alvarado)

3. The pond of salt water in the salt mine in Nemokon, Cundinamarca, Colombia, November 22, 2012 80-meter shaft with a more than 500-year history has become a new tourist destination in Colombia. (Eitan Abramovich / AFP / Getty Images)

4. Tourists visit the Chapel of St. Kinga in Wieliczka Salt Mine near Krakow, Poland, 15 December 2011. According to the data of the Supervisory Board of the Wieliczka Salt Mine, the historic mine extends for a total of 300 km and functioned continuously since the Middle Ages until 1996, When hydrochloric cushion completely ceased to be used. The mine, which is included in the list of cultural and natural heritage of UNESCO, is now used for tourism and recreational purposes, as well as a museum. (Reuters / Kacper Pempel)

See also

New and interesting

We on Google+