Descent (10 photos)

via nucl0id.livejournal.com
the author writes

Not far from Yekaterinburg have mine. What is now mined, I will not say, but before there was mined gold. Next to the existing surface mine is abandoned Koper. The tower itself is interesting because this is a huge concrete structure height of several tens of meters. We arrived at night in a snowstorm, but the view from the top was still impressive.

However, we have not come to that. Koper This is an abandoned mine shaft in which we descended. We put the system as places without insurance can not do, and he climbed into the trunk. This is a huge concrete pit, six meters in diameter and okolo700 (!) Meters deep ...

Descending the staircase to the shaft
oledenevshey

In the center of the well they had to go stand with the ore, but now there was only a central metal pillar rail. And the wall of the well, closed grid of gaping blackness of space is mine staircase. Not vertically along the wall, and spans, as tower crane, which is much more convenient. And all would do, to go down is not difficult, if not water ...
At the top of the well passes through the slit groundwater. In winter, it is, of course, it turned to ice. Gradually, during the descent, we were immersed in this realm of ice. Huge icicles, frost or rather, completely covering the walls and the metal fence stairs, gradually narrowed as the shaft itself, and covers an area on the stairwells. We had to squeeze and bend, then the batter ice, knock down the icicles that can cover us during the descent. Extreme short. Backpacks have to shoot from the back and down on your hands. The most terrible was when my backpack (with an expensive camera!) Popped whistled a couple of spans and shmyaknulsya on ice. Test for Camera bags (enemy does not want such a test) - rescued technique ... then I was horrified at the thought that the backpack can jump behind bars in the mine shaft.

Himself shaft. Full ice ...

But it was still the easy part of the descent. With temperatures dipping into the ground began to rise, the ice began to melt slowly and at a certain height, instead of ice, we plunged into a continuous stream of water. Absolutely no ice!

Abandoned mines branch

All soaked to the skin. Photographic technique again saved the bag, a plastic bag and my concern about it.)
More than two-thirds of the way we went down into the water. Total descent took 3:00 ...

Companions

At the bottom of the arms and legs were shaking, clothes can be pressing. But we were standing on solid ground. The concrete pit appeared side portal leading into a narrow shaft. It abandoned its part. It's dark, dirty, and terribly quiet.

Stove

The next couple of hours we spent in the mine. Abandoned tunnel littered with overturned trolleys and other randomly Valya iron things. But we quickly went into the operating mine ...

Time was four o'clock in the morning, so the bottom of the miners was not, but their presence is constantly felt. Lights were buzzing transformers, trucks filled with "ore" and stand near the "lift". We went around the land of the two parallel tunnels. The wall between them, thickness of 5-7 meters, there is little room miners having access to both the tunnel) instead of doors - canvas curtains. Inside - benches, homemade elektropechka (included!), Several metal cabinets, safes and other junk. In the same plate "work here!" And chalk on the tube - "Wash your hands before eating!". On the walls of the helmet, on the table in circles. If it had just come out of here miners. The helmets we photographed)

Room miners carved between the tunnels.

For a canvas curtain room. Around a lot of equipment, machinery and other junk. In five meters to the left - the existing shaft on which the elevator runs.

The room inside. Even the Christmas tree is ... Ahead - the second exit.

Generally there is scary, the ceiling reinforced by a reinforcement with the plugs, even incomprehensible as the holding. Only in a few places there are concrete formwork. On each side of the tunnel rather big flowing stream, the narrow-gauge rails sometimes buried in the clay Chach. Few took off. Initially optics fogged, but then got warmer. But not me). And I came home wet.

In general, it was fun. Not that I was interested in diggerstvo, but the first step has been taken. In fact, for me it was the more adventure - even a few hours before the trip, I did not know about it. I think that there is no longer useful (painfully napryazhno), at least in winter. Posvetopisat underground can and other objects. But at Koper has to climb - it is necessary ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting