Sugar and salt

Sugar and salt are present at the table in almost any modern man, although this simple product is still mined by traditional, if not ancient, techniques. More than 100 countries annually produce about 160 million tons of sugar.

Most of the sugar made from sugar cane, which grows in tropical countries. Every year the inhabitants of the earth mined 240 million tons of salt for culinary and industrial uses. This photo essay tells the story of how to produce sugar and salt is mined in different parts of the world.

Salt terraces near Maras town in the region of Cusco, Peru, August 29, 2012.

Cut the stem of sugar cane field in Saraburi province, Thailand, May 9, 2012. Thailand is the second largest exporter of sugar in the world.

Customers visiting the salt mine Nemokon, 26 September 2012. Mine Nemokon is the most popular tourist attraction in Colombia.

Work vaporizes the water taken from the mangrove swamps to get the kitchen salt at the salt mine in the province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica, April 11, 2013.

Salt ponds in the village near the town of Palibelo Bima, Indonesia, 22 November 2012

A man prays in a mosque built from salt bricks, near the second largest salt mine in the world in Khewra, Pakistan, April 20, 2013. Khewra, the oldest salt mine in Pakistan, visited annually by about 250 thousand tourists.

Work shows a crystal sea salt or "salt flower" on the saltworks near Nina, Croatia, August 24 2012. Salt flakes, like flower petals, are formed on the surface of the sea. Collect flakes is carried out manually by means of a sieve. The price of this kind of salt is 50 euros per kilo.

Smoke belching from the chimneys of a sugar factory in Plattling, Germany, October 9, 2012.

An Afghan man prepares traditional sweets in a factory on the outskirts of Jalalabad, November 25, 2012.

Work burning sugar cane waste to get the ash, which is used in the production of charcoal factory Eco Fuel Africa in Lugazi, Uganda, 29 January 2013.

A man working in the salt ponds in the province of Pangasinan, Philippines, May 6, 2013.

Woman throws to use the land in the city Djegbadji, Benin, January 11, 2013. Illegal miners are taking salt topsoil near their homes, land and then washed with water to dissolve the salt wash, and finally, the water is evaporated.

Cambodian carries palm juice from which the sugar in Tuol, Cambodia, December 13, 2012.

Local farmers cut sugar cane on a plantation in the province of Prey Veng, Cambodia, September 1, 2012.

Work rolls wagon with salt at the salt mine in Ston, Croatia, July 31, 2012. Ston Salt Mines - the oldest mines in the Mediterranean.

Work turns a valve that regulates the flow of sugar cane juice, a sugar factory in Jaronu, Cuba, September 8, 2012.

People work at the salt mine in Las Salinas, Dominican Republic, July 28, 2012. Mines in Las Salinas known since the days of the Spanish colonizers. Workers are paid about $ 150 per month.

Work goes between the salt ponds in the village Palibelo, Indonesia, 22 November 2012.

People work on sugar cane plantations in the city Siribala, Mali, January 24, 2013

Farmer riding a donkey on a sugar plantation in the town of Nueva Herusalen, Mexico, September 26, 2012.

Woman cuts sugar cane plantation sugar factory on the outskirts of Montelimar Managua, Nicaragua, on December 31 2012. Nicaragua plans to produce 1, 5 million short tons of sugar per year.

Man produces brown sugar in my house on the outskirts of Peshawar, Pakistan, November 6, 2012.

Pieces of the panel, unrefined cane sugar, lying in a barrel in a sugar factory in Tepetitan, El Salvador, February 26, 2012.

Worker carries a bag of salt in the salt terraces near the town of Maras in the region of Cusco, Peru, August 29, 2012.

Crossroads of roads in the salt mines of concern Rio Tinto Group in Dampier, Australia, August 20, 2012.

Farmers harvested sugar cane field in the village of Yomitan, Okinawa, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan, February 24, 2012.

Work drinking water during the harvest of sugar cane plantation in Sidoarjo, Indonesia, 19 September 2012.

A worker takes a sample of the salt mine salt for analysis in the city of Bex, Switzerland, December 4, 2012.

A man passes the pieces of halite produced at the bottom of Lake Katwe, Uganda, January 29, 2013.

Man produces rock salt on the bottom of Lake Katwe, Uganda, January 29, 2013.

Source: fototelegraf.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting