High-quality speakers with their own hands

taken from here
Will 36 ph and not a lot of text
Project description and many photos continue ...

The first thing I started to build this course, the choice of speakers. The system was conceived as a 4-way, so the following speakers have been chosen:

Midrange (midrange): Peerless Peerless 830,813

Woofer (low speaker): ScanSpeak 18W / 8535

Subwoofer (SUBWOOFER): Peerless 830 846 o the next stage - calculation, modeling and assembly of the housing. The technical details of the calculations and measurements will not go because it is difficult and long.

Also, the system needs to amplifiers and filters. Selected filters digital DSP. He has a very significant advantage over passive - it is possible to reconfigure the system online. To do this, connect the filter to the USB and software through which it is to set up how you want. The settings are applied on the fly that is when the music plays!
I used channelized \ multiband (one name) gain, so each speaker is its own separate amplifier. This gives a good gain in sound quality. For the LF-MF-HF channel amplifiers took LM3886 (30W each). For SUBnch took the chip LME49830 (100W each)
Well, all this should be put into the case, which I bought

Figured case design, you want to understand how it will look around. Here's what happened (I have not painted).

There once marked chamber volume for each speaker.

The thickness of the MDF 25mm (pictured above 28mm it is written, but when buying stock other was not ...), weight gain is not small ... Well, looked at him and thought that suits me just finish here will probably be a different color, And so it happened ...

The assembly process, a lot of photos:

The materials were given to the milling and cutting of.

Posted in [mergetime] 1328086086 [/ mergetime]
as the milled front panel

as the milled front panel

Get the next, have already started to build once the housing

and so

then just

and another kind of

Apply the adhesive to adhere the film. By the way its thickness 1mm)

view

beginning of the process

We continue

and almost finished gluing

diaper finished

Well, here they come home. Put looked happy, tomorrow you need to put speakers.

pretends that both

and so

For the connection was bought countless meters of wires, screws, while some are not useful at all. Speaker connectors were machined from Turner

it's not all

and not much

To suppress the standing waves in a box with midrange tweeter was added stuff like batting. I forgot the name of the one I bought, but most importantly that it fits)

Just have to do a little soldering. I found a little tin and rosin, went to work.

and the assembly process

Glossy film is covered with a protective film, so here in the photo looks not very shitty.

This photo rear speakers, as seen here carved custom connectors. Each speaker your wire, your amp, so to 8 connectors on one column. True The photo shows 10 because 10 & quot; speaker I have a 2-spool. I decided to bring the two coils, that we could experiment with the connection: in series or in parallel.

Ready views

He took off the protective film from one column, no flash pictures better

Further, the electrical part. This filter housing miniDSP.

other kind

insides
Filter powered in the housing, also visible switching output signals further 8-channel amplifier.

and a connected filter

This amplifier itself. It toroidal transformer 2 at 300W. One feeds 6-ty amplifiers LM3886, the second the other two amplifier LME49830

Internal amplifier. Places are not very many.

Here's how it looks in the finished form

Posted in [mergetime] 1328087770 [/ mergetime]
The sound of this system was very good quality. I'm not a whale to describe what you want to hear, I can only say that if you want to about the same quality, the store is necessary to fork out at $ -15000 $ 10,000, are industrial versions.

Thank you all for your attention and I am glad that many have mastered the photo-text.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting