Restoration of cast iron bath

On duty, I am closely associated with baths, and today I would like to tell you about the new technology of the restoration - the coating liquid acrylic (not to be confused with enamelling). This process is characterized primarily by the fact that the composition is not applied by roller or brush, and flowing under its own weight and is held on the surface due to its viscosity. A couple of words about the bath - a sample of Chinese origin, who was swimming about 45 days from Guangzhou to Peter in the storm season, and then by road from St. Petersburg to Moscow. As a result, about 50 pc. of the container 280 beat against each other and against the walls, causing significant damage and sobsno a need for a new coating.

There will be some photos and some comments, please do not break.

1. Photo of damage

2. Even a small stone chip on the corner

3. General view of

4. Getting Started - priming, sanding and start shpatlevanija. It uses cold welding, in the process it became clear that in the future it is logical to go to the car putty to facilitate the process, while - as a sculptor in clay, her fingers had vyleplivat new plane.

5. With a little cleavage, everything is much easier

6. After the putty and sanding begins to resemble prepared for painting fender

7. Another

8. Actually, the material - liquid acrylic. I do not go into the details of the chemical. structure that looks very similar to sour cream

9. Begin to fill part of the surface of the previously partially knocked gryanets (for better grip) and degrease

10. Continue

11. Draining closer to the bottom, thick acrylic virtually stopped - a little help zatech spatula evenly cover the whole plane.

12. Continue

13. Upon completion of the process can only wait about 36 hours, until all withered in moeam case - from Friday evening until Monday morning.

14. The end result. It's the place was completely killed. If you look closely, you can see small bumps, especially having good lighting, and camera flash. In general, the result of good

15. The general form as a result. That's all I wanted to say. Kick chtol

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting