The doctors said that I would never go ...

Will be 5 photos and text.
Source will show in the end.

14-year-old injured in an accident. Belarus. Minsk.

Almost every day we report on accidents in which people are injured. However, the real impact is often remain outside the phrases from the information note - "suffered and was hospitalized." Our heroine named Faith. She is 14 years old. A little less than a year ago, she got into an accident when her uncle, who was at the wheel, drove into the oncoming lane. The girl is still undergoing rehabilitation, of the last 11 months she spent at home rather than in hospital, no more than four. And yet she had the courage not to believe in disappointing forecasts doctors and eventually get to his feet literally and figuratively.

- I well remember the day - says Vera. - It was Saturday, January 14. Then the first heavy snow fell. Despite the weekend, we learned. After school, I met Dad. He, along with his uncle, who was driving, took me out of school and friend. Then I lived fish house, at that time only three-liter jar. Mom said that soon buy an aquarium. So I decided to go to the pet store to buy a few more of its future inhabitants - persuaded the pope to travel. Just a car - Ford Fusion - rode five people: uncle ran, sat in front of his father new girlfriend (and her mother went) from behind the driver - I'm in the middle of my friend, right Dad. We went along Independence Avenue. I remember it was slippery even walk, snow did not stop walking. Passed the National Technical University, near the metro station "Borisov path" when the car skidded. What happened next, I can not say - in memory is left feeling that we have spun.

That Saturday, which describes the Faith, was a first in this year's "day tinman". As luck would have it, the weather worsened in the most inopportune moments - morning and evening rush hours. Not at all the streets were cleaned of snow, traffic police hardly had time to register the incident. Accident happened a hundred more than usual. In the branch "Accident (only witnesses)" of our forum posts about another incident appeared in the evening almost every 5-10 minutes. That's what the user wrote snot about the accident, which hit the teenage girl "... etc. Independence, near the" boat "BNTU towards the center of the accident, on the ground, some litter was a small boy (it was Vera. - Onliner.by), in the mind, "Gazelle" on the curb, the second - a foreign car, could not see. " Validating Stalker also drove there, he suggested: "Truck" Gazelle "something green hit in the side."

According to Faith, issued a car into oncoming traffic, in particular due to the fact that the front wheels were mounted summer tires.

- Later, I was told, as it happened - she says. - Our Ford embarked on a slippery road backwards to oncoming cars. And we crashed "Gazelle". Shot hit the back of the left - just back to where I was sitting. Immediately lost consciousness. The car, said to have been boiled, could not be reconstructed, it was no longer able to ride - just the whole "razvorochen." The first time I woke up when his hand hit the snow and it was cold, but after a moment again to disable. Then he woke up in the hospital - the doctors ran, said something, shouting. It was the emergency hospital - where I spent the next three months.

- An accurate diagnosis, which I have put physicians, could not name - continues Faith. - I remember, there were concomitant injury, closed head injury, increased heart - because of fear and shock, cracked one edge shifted spine, sacrum and broke the most serious - multiple fracture of the pelvic bones, fragments scattered inside, but fortunately did not touch bodies . All my peers when they find out that I had an accident, ask whether it hurts me? No, at first was not. I kept on painkillers every day I was given shots from different parts of the body sticking out seven catheters. Sleepy creepy. Have done an incredible amount of X-rays. I could not really move - all the time in the horizontal position. And on the bed I was in the truest sense of the word. Due to fractures of the pelvis it should not be any pressure. Otherwise, everything will move there in different directions. Hip hung a few inches from the bed - at a special hammock. One day the doctor came into the room and told us with his mother: "I do not omnipotent. Go girl hardly can. " It was certainly a shock. But then I did not panic. I thought, "Maybe the doctors were wrong." And said aloud: "Come on! Everything will be fine! "" The chance is very small, no more than twenty percent - said the doctor. - Let while lying. " And I'm lying: from mid-January to March.

- Of course, the hospital frequented by friends, relatives, classmates, - speaks of a time a girl. - My mother came to support me every day, actually lived in my room from 6 am to midnight, Dad came several times, and his uncle - only two. He and his father behaved like a relaxed after such a terrible accident. I learned that my friend was lying in the hospital last month, the pope were not serious injuries, his girlfriend broke her collarbone, his uncle received minor head injury - hit his head on the steering wheel. Uncle gave a receipt mother of two million, and in late autumn bought a new car. Mom almost all the costs of treatment "pulling" itself: and diapers, and medicine and food ... Every day I had to eat a lethal dose of yogurt and cottage cheese. They are a lot of calcium - to the bone heals better. Still, the uncle is not well received when left all the problems entirely on my mother ... And anyway, their position once voiced grandmother on my father's line. She called and said, "I'm sorry that it happened, but you're the one to blame. It's pulled you all go for the fish. " My mother said that to sue did not, although for three years for us is the opportunity.

- I'm doing all this time? - Faith continues. - Thinking, dreaming ... Then it became fun. Reset and colleagues mom bought me a laptop. In my possession appeared online, the opportunity to communicate with friends. Teacher to me then do not go. I went back to school only after discharge from the emergency hospital. I remember very well that day, I shifted from rolling into the back seat of the car and we finally went home. Mom cooked diet is not, but it is very tasty fried potatoes. I stayed at home for several weeks. Then put in a rehabilitation center near Minsk: all day doing massage, physical therapy exercises - that the leg lift, then bend. All this, of course, in the supine position. This exercise was different from that to which I was accustomed. Once I wanted to professionally table tennis. The doctors said that you have to forget about it, as, in principle, and the sport in general.

- Then it was summer - smiles, our heroine. - I cheered all: that fellow that do not give up. Well, I just do not get upset and not stagnate. And in June, the first time I stood up after the accident. Doctors allowed. I took a pair of crutches and stood up. I remember how scary was the fact that the legs of white became red - blood rush. It was very quiet: no music, no TV. My mother and I listened - they were afraid to hear some crunch. I took three steps. And because of this I just was filled with happiness, I thought: "Hurrah! Crutches! ยป

During the summer, Faith learned to walk again, she tried to spend more time on the street. The apartment in which she lives, is on the fifth floor of a building without an elevator. Therefore, even access to the yard was for her sometimes half-hour test. On any of her photograph taken in the summer, no crutches. For her own birthday, in August, when a friend persuaded the girl to do a photo shoot, Vera imprinted on the frame "without these sticks." With teachers who came to the house, was the catch curriculum. When it got cold, doctors were convinced that the pessimistic predictions do not come true, and prescribed a course of rehabilitation in the children's department of traumatology one of the city hospitals. Since then, one month Vera spends at home, the other - in a health facility.

- I even had time to meet with a guy, - says Vera. - However, on November 19, he sent a message that he no longer wants to be with me ... On the same day, I roll the dice to try to go without them. And I did. Now I go albeit slowly, but on their own. I can sit for long. On X-ray images show that the fragments have acquired bruises, they somehow have to return the breakaway pieces into place. Sleep can so far only on the back. Wear a special corset which compresses pelvis. I can only take it in March 2014. After that, the doctors say I will be normal. But then, that there were no complications after me will be for some time to watch. For a long time I will not be able to jump, run, fall. May have problems with pregnancy.

- Actually, I do not believe that the accident knocked me out of life - sums up the girl. - She even taught me a thing or two. For example, get rid of extra people in my life. A care and assistance really close, on the contrary, forced to appreciate. I fear the machines did not and when you can quietly sit behind the wheel herself.
Many are still wondering ask, "How did you get up?" I repeat: I just do not get upset.

source

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting